PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
This is for my fellow UK pipers, although they are not available yet Black Swan tobacconists are now taking reservations for the Charatan Dunhill replacements and I think you can ask to be notified when they become available as well, they have 10 blends to choose from. While this doesn't interest me at the moment I thought that there could be a Dunhill fan or two in morning who might be interested.

Chris.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Mike, I am a big fan of Dunhill flake and especially Dark flake, I did manage to cellar about 20 tins although that won't last me forever so I will be interested to see the reviews of both those blends and will probably give them both a try when my finances are a little bit more healthy. I just found out that Petersons Perfect Plug looks like going the way of the dodo so any spare cash will have to go on that first, still I hope they match the blend you're after and it's a good'un.
Chris.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The only real "replacements" will be when/if STG begins selling the Dunhill blends under a different (non-Dunhill) name.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Yeah I've no idea who is making these Charatan matches or what they are like but when they do become available and when funds are willing I will definitely be giving 4 or 5 of them a taste but as to how they turn out I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that even if they aren't that similar they will be decent blends in their own right.
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.