PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Hey all, in looking at various pipes on the online vendor sites, I happened across a Chacom pipe that I REALLY like the look of, and the price is right as well. As far as I can tell, these are French made pipes and they recently teamed up with Danish pipe maker Tom Eltang, a former pipe designer for Stanwell, and he created the "Oscar" for them.
I did a search on here for Chacom, but turned up nothing.
Does anyone here have any experience with Chacom pipes? Are these good smokers?
Any and all thoughts & opinions are welcomed. :)

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I have an old Comoy (before they became Chapuis Comoy - CHACOM). It's a good smoke, even though I was young when I got it and didn't break it in right.
Tobaccopipes.com has a pretty good selection. Go to their Pipe History tab and you'll get a good overview on the history.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
That was my first pipe and I'll probably always have a place in my heart for it. It was even better once I removed the filter.

berthezen06

Lurker
Jun 10, 2014
France
Some information about Chacom

Chacom creates pipes since 1825 Based in St. Claude (France), It is one of the top brands in France.

1825: Long before the discovery of Briar, COMOY family manufactured in Avignon, a small village near Saint-Claude, pipes boxwood for "veterans" of Napoleon.

1856: Discovery of the Briar, and especially the special treatment for use in the manufacture of the pipe.

Saint-Claude is the birthplace and capital of the world pipe. No Briar pipe is still manufactured elsewhere.

La Maison COMOY becomes the first manufacturer of pipes of Saint Claude.

Chacom (Chapuis-Comoy) is creator and distributor of pipes.

Warranty traditional methods Chacom is a great French brand, able to combine tradition, creation and innovation.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I have one Chacom, a stubby Rhodesian, and its a great smoker. Chacom has a lot of flair (those stylish French), and I feel they are a great deal, along with Butz Choquin. There may be a few fills, but the smoking quality and mechanics are great.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two Chacom and several other French pipes. I have found them to be well-engineered, good smokers, and

though mostly in traditional styles, done with real attention to design. Best of all, French pipes are priced well below

comparable pipes from other sources. My first pipe was a Tinder Box St. Ives that may well have been a Chacom, and

it is still a great pipe after nearly 40 years, in a somewhat unique style at that, a bent pot with a saddle stem. I recently

bought a Chacom blast zulu, and I'm crazy about it, perfect for Virginias. Disclaimer: I also have pipes from U.S.,

Italy, Denmark, England, Ireland, Greece, The Netherlands, and probably others.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Chacoms are underrated, and I believe they make fantastic pipes for their range that is offered in North America. I have over 10 Chacoms now, and I have yet to find one I didn't like. The value for your dollar is always present in a Chacom.
Shutterbug

berthezen06

Lurker
Jun 10, 2014
France
@briarblues

Agree with you

Chacom and Butz Choquin offer a wide range of price and quality that affects a large number of customers. There's for all tastes which is not the case for all brands.

(sorry for my English :oops:

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Yes I agree, I have a few Chacom's and BC's if you want to get noticed a Maya 88, quite attractive and a great smoker!

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I love me my Chacom's. To date Chacom is the most represented manufacturer in my collection, with 6 pipes in total. In fact, today I purchased my 6th Chacom, a paneled straight bulldog from the Royale line. It was priced at $250, but I was able to pick it up for under $200 after a little negotiating. Can't wait to break it in!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If Chacom has a pipe within your usual budget, try one, buy one. natibo, I've had better luck with BC; I have two, and they

do well. I had one French pipe that had a narrow airway and couldn't let go of pipe cleaner fluff, but others have all been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.