PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
The Briar & Burley in Bloomington has a great selection of pipes, tobacco and cigars. They also have a really nice smoking room with plush leather chairs, very comfortable.

dude01

Lurker
Nov 18, 2016
Did this thread die out?

I'm in Crown Point but I would travel once a month.

The Briar & Burley in Bloomington would be an excellent choice I think.

I'm in an desert of pipe smokers here, would like to meet any Indiana pipe smokers even if I have to travel some.

Doesn't have to be every month, maybe every other month.

Thanks

Gary

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
I'm still game as well. Pipe Puffer in Greenwood or Briar and Burley in Bloomington are equal distance from me. The Briar and Burley has more seating but either works. The only days that don't work for me are Saturdays and Sundays which I realize is probably the days that work best for everyone else.

zackery

Lurker
May 13, 2017
Just outside of Bloomington here. Briar and Burley is the only place I go for the simple reason I don't know of anywhere else. Willing to go wherever though. It would be nice to see how other shops compare.

redlegrod

Lurker
May 21, 2017
I'm a complete newbie to the site and to pipe smoking. I just came across this thread and wanted to say hello. I live around Kokomo and don't know anyone who smokes a pipe. Would love to get to know other Hoosiers who enjoy pipe smoking!

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
The Pipe Puffer in Greenwood and The Briar & Burley in Bloomington are pretty close to the same distance from me so either one works for me.

mrharris

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2015
Indiana
I'm about an hour south of Indianapolis, but have been looking for a pipe club. I am sure my friend would join too. Would you permit us Southern Indiana pipers? Also, the Briar and Burley are great. Pipe Puffer is excellent too. They have some nice estates that I usually ogle at for a bit before sitting down and enjoying a bowl.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I could meet after work one evening but I would probably need to meet at the Briar & Burley in Bloomington.

The Pipe Puffer closes at 7:00 pm and by the time I got off work and drove up there, I would get there about the time they are closing.

The Briar and Burley is open til 9:00 pm though and it would be much closer for me.

Weekends are kinda busy for me, but if anyone wants to meet at the B&B after work one evening, I'm Game.

I have many tobacco's I could bring to sample as well.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
I am in the Indy area. I'd be interested in meeting up. If this materializes, someone please PM me. I do not keep a close eye on threads.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
There's a cigar shop in Noblesville with more than enough seating. They are mainly a cigar shop though with just a few pipes and bulk aros. That said, great location and plenty of seating. I could talk to them if interested.
Briar & Burley is great, but it's kinda odd how you're crammed into the corner and setup like a fish bowl. That said, they have one of the best selections of pipes I've ever seen and a great selection of pipe tobacco.

redlegrod

Lurker
May 21, 2017
I live about an hour north of Indy. I have been to the cigar shop in Noblesville. There is a lot of seating in there. I would be interested if anyone else is.

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I know where the Briar & Burley in Bloomington is. I have bought a few things there.
It is a drive for me almost 3 hour round trip.
Fridays are best for me also.
Somebody set a date and time and whoever makes it makes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.