PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm not surprised at the number of people with such flexible and fuzzy definitions of right and wrong. Not surprised at all. It's why one of my credos is, "Always expect the worst out of people. You'll never be disappointed and sometimes, rarely, you'll be pleasantly surprised." Nope, not surprised at all with the attitude of some here.
It's the all about "me and my feelings." Not a thought to the injured parties. The old, "the rules don't apply to me, I'm special. I want what I want so, screw you! I'm taking it!"
I know I'm spinning my wheels here so, I'll stop.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I'm not surprised at the number of people with such flexible and fuzzy definitions of right and wrong. Not surprised at all. It's why one of my credos is, "Always expect the worst out of people. You'll never be disappointed and sometimes, rarely, you'll be pleasantly surprised." Nope, not surprised at all with the attitude of some here.
It's the all about "me and my feelings." Not a thought to the injured parties. The old, "the rules don't apply to me, I'm special. I want what I want so, screw you! I'm taking it!"
I know what you mean. People who place small labels with an image of a tin they bought on top of a jar hidden in a closet somewhere are the worst kind of wrongdoers. It's that kind of moral ambiguity that leads to societal collapse. I think the only recourse is to crush those who would take such grievous liberties. The financial loss to the companies whose tins are captured on a small peel off label and used by people who love and regularly purchase their product must be atoned for. We can't allow feelings to rule the day. That might lead to people seeing cool jars in a selfie and possibly cause others to try the product because of the illegal 2" circular sticker. We couldn't have that. We probably need to clamp down on the mail call pictures too. People should not be allowed to recreate images of someone's IP. It might lead to anarchy.

• Haha
Reactions: eljimmy

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
As a kid, I used to doodle the Rolling Stones lip/mouth logo in notebooks and stuff. I was unaware that I was doing wrong, but ignorance of the law is no excuse. I'm not really sure how to reach Keith, Mick and the boys, so if one of this board's good Samaritans would please turn me in, I'd appreciate it...my conscience is tearing me up right now.
I am guilty as well, though my crime was more in the realm of Van Halen's logo and ACDC. (Am I allowed to type the names of these artists?)

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
You SToP guys might want to think about suing google images, too.
Post of the month
Always expect the worst out of people. You'll never be disappointed and sometimes, rarely, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
That's what I started doing after becoming 30 years old. Life becomes much easier.
I think this one had a nice run. I am going to close this one down so we can all return to smoking our pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.