Cellaring - What Do You Guys Do With All The Empty Tins?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The title pretty much says it all but here's a picture just so this isn't a boring wall-of-text thread.

pDgPtikl.jpg

I'm more curious about how you're cutting those labels into a circle. There has to be a better way than scissors. What is it?

As for old tobacco tins... I pee in them and put them in a corner so I can continue smoking uninterrupted, just like my heroes Samuel Gawith and Charles Rattray used to do.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I keep them, the tobacco I buy is mostly bulk these days so I do not accumulate tins that fast. I use them as I need them for storing small things and otherwise keep them in a drawer or two with the idea of displaying them in some kind of 'man cave' context in the future.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson
Jun 23, 2019
Where did you get those labels in the right hand side?

These are from Cellar Labels. It's a solid resource but their library of labels is not as extensive as you would hope

I'm more curious about how you're cutting those labels into a circle. There has to be a better way than scissors. What is it?

Yea there probably is a better way to do it but once you get some practice it's quite easy to cut a circle. This way I can kinda vary the sizes a bit too to fit.

Jun 23, 2019
After 36 responses to the question ("what do you do with your empty tins") here's a quick summary/statistics of the answers:

Keep 'em: 6 votes (16.67%)
Keep 'the Special Ones': 7 votes (19.44%)
Toss 'em: 6 votes (16.67%)
Re-Purpose/Crafts/Organizer: 10 votes (27.78%)
Decor: 4 votes (11.11%)
Shooting Target: 2 votes (5.56%)
Pee Pot: 1 vote (2.78%)

Right now I have them sucked onto my fridge magnets, so I guess I should be in the Decor category too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Cap'n smoking Esoterica??!! ?
I blend Penzance with vanilla and caramel aromatics. I like Pembroke, And So To Bed, Blackpool, and Dunbar but Stonehaven tastes too much like old fashioned treacle cough syrup. That Penzance bag is from 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.