Cellaring - What Do You Guys Do With All The Empty Tins?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
The title pretty much says it all but here's a picture just so this isn't a boring wall-of-text thread.

pDgPtikl.jpg

I don't care too much for the tins with the gaudy SMOKING KILLS labels but these clean tins were always a struggle for me to throw away. Unfortunately I have gathered such a burdening collection now, I really need to do something with them or throw them out.

Any suggestions/recommendations out there?

Reactions: Dusk

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I use them for various nuts, bolts, screws, nails, etc. in my shop. It works great when my wife is helping out, instead of saying "can you grab me a insert dimension insert screw type screw" and having her get all confused I just tell her to hand me a Capstan screw or a Dunbar nut. It's great. There are a few full of tacks, rubber bands, and such in our "junk drawer" that every kitchen has as well.

Last edited:
Novel!!!

I use them for various nuts, bolts, screws, nails, etc. in my shop. It works great when my wife is helping out, instead of saying "can you grab me a insert dimension instert screw type screw" and having her get all confused I just tell her to hand me a Capstan screw or a Dunbar nut. It's great. There are a few full of tacks, rubber bands, and such in our "junk drawer" that every kitchen has as well.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I used to keep em, but now I'm in a point my life where I'm trying to get rid of things. So I toss them. I only have 1 laying around I keep extra cob stems, and Zippo accessories (flint, wicks etc) in.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I have a drawer that's getting too full. I really hate to throw out the nicer ones unless I have duplicates.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I keep them, not because I'm some sort of pack rat, insane hoarder oh no it's because they will be worth money one day.
Well that's what I tell myself anyway.

Chris.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I have friends that take some to make backpacker survival kits. Others go to work to hold screws, nuts, nails, etc. And some just get tossed.

Reactions: seanv
Status
Not open for further replies.