PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Most of what I cellar is something that I have tried.

I also have a few blends that I have not sampled yet.

Sometimes when a good deal comes around it is worth taking a chance based on recommendation.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
IF I made a large amount of money, I would probably cellar everything, tried or untried, but I'm poor, ergo, I keep only what I am smoking at the time.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I have about 35 tins or so in my cellar. Of those I would say 70% are of blends I've never tried. I also have about 35 mason jars which I will smoke from, so I have plenty of blends available in my rotation. No need to open anymore tins for the time being. As I smoke through blends in my mason jars I'll open a tin or two here or there.
I buy tins based on my previous experience of enjoying the tobacco from a sample I've tried, and/or I will buy tins based on reviews I've read and for blends that I really want to try. I never buy more than two tins at a time, at least for the time being I don't. Down the road that may change.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I am developing a bit of A cellar over time.
It fits a twofold purpose.
One is the entire aging thing for its myriad reasons.
The other is that it gives a bit of a reserve for the months I am unable to purchase tobacco for one reason or another.
I figure if I just went to what I have on hand, and was conservative in my smokin but not overly restrictive, I could pull 3-4 months easy, 6 with some planning.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I like to rent monkeys to balance the tins on their heads while they dance to my ukulele.
I like the way you think ... got rubber pants for those monkeys?? :puffy:

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I stockpile to beat the price/tax/availability issues coming. Any aging is simply a byproduct. I stockpile blends I've tried and like. I prefer to stockpile tins but.. who could pass up the recent Dunhill sale by the pound. I also loaded up on Dunhill tins of Navy Rolls when I could get them below $9 a tin. I have G&H Bosum Cut by the pounds in 8oz Mason jars. I'm currently loading up on the 8oz Gaslight tins and DE Toasted Black Cavendish, Meat Pie, 7th Ave Blonde and Central Park Stroll. Unless I'm really over my monthly budget I always include a tub of CH or PA.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I am cellaring huge quantities of Mixture 79 - not to smoke, but just so others don't have to suffer.
Godspeed soldier.
Pesonally I can usually just tell by a description if I'm going to like something or not. Like pretty much all Va's I like, Vapers, and I haven't smoked a straight up english blend yet I could say I don't like. When you're used to paying over 40$ for certain tins that are only 50 grms, ordering 4 ounces of something you haven't tried just doesn't matter much when it's only 12$.

Status
Not open for further replies.