PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I have recently been smitten by a ‘Cats Paw’ pick ax pipe it is located in a local B&M. My limited research revealed that this is a small Mom & Pop pipe artisan. Does anyone have experience with these pipes? Thanks for helping.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Bill and Terri Weist are almost always at the Chicago show and they're genuinely nice people to talk with. Their pipes have a definite Scandinavian influence but they also do classical shapes. I don't own any of their pipes (yet), probably because they don't do many sandblasts, which is my preference.

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks BigVan. The pipe I'm looking at is half blast and half smooth. Price point is a bit high north of $300. Wondering if I'm getting a reasonable deal?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Without seeing it, $300+ seems a little high. On their web site, smooths are $300 and less, rustics are less than $200. I don't think I've seen any blasts, though.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I had my eye on a beautiful Cats Paw dublin for awhile but it sold. Probably for the best as it was a bit out of my price range. Never smoked one but seems like they make very nice pipes.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Wow, some beautiful pipes! This cat wishes these were in his price range! Love the paw print on this one!

042.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.