PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I really enjoy Cased Pipes. Most of mine are Meerschaums, but I also have some Briar Pipes. There is something about these pipes that sing to me. Most of them are from the late 1800's and the early 1900's but there are a few from later. I smoke them all. None are just tucked away and for show.
The first is my latest acquisition. A 1902 OxBlood Meer with Amber Stem and Silver Furniture.

An early 1900's Panel Style Meerschaum Redmanol Stem

This is a footed Meer Cutty with Faux Carved Bamboo Shank and Amberine Stem

Early 1900's Brighton Briar with Redmanol Stem (restored)

Early 1900's Meer with Amber Stem

1898 C&M Crown Pipe Briar with Amber Stem and Silver (restored)

C.P.F. Best Make Bulldog with Amber Stem (restored)

An old L.H.E. Yacht Shaped Meer with replacement Stem. Smoked Hard.

This is a very special Kaywoodie Meer for various reasons. I purchased it from Mr. Can (the late, great Tony Soderman), its a 1938 Belge, the only year Kaywoodie offered that shape and it's my late father's birthyear.

This is an 1888 Meer with Amber stem. It's the perfect size for plugs, bars, ropes and any other High Nic baccy.

This is a Devil Anse Style Meer with Amber Stem. Daily smoker.....

Kaywoodie Colt Meer from the 1950's. Great little pipe.

Meer with redmanol replacement stem

A late 1800's early 1900's Horn Shaped Meer with replacement stem

a 1912 BBB Briar that's been restored (case is not original)

My most modern Meer - A GBD Lattice Meer with metal Rondelle and Acrylic Stem

This is a great little pipe. It's like a Lego System of Nicotine Delivery. It's a Footed-Cutty, A Cheroot and a Cigarette holder all in one case. The shank appears to be Ivory and I've been told it's Ivory, but I'm doubtful. The whole thing assembles and disassembles. It's a great smoker too. The stem is Amber.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Your collection is very interesting ashdigger! (FWIW, both of our father's were born in 1938; mine turns 79 next monday jan 2!) What I consider very cool is that you use your pipes for their intended function. I lack the sentimental collector impulse to have a pipe for the sake of just having it.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Nice collection! That oxblood meer, is it regular meerschaum that has been colored in some way?

bigbee

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2012
Wow , nice collection: I particularly like the bulldog and the horn.

Do you smoke them all? After 100+ years some look like they were made yesterday.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Ash, what an outstandingly splendidly magnificent collection! Thank you so much for posting! I am absolutely fascinated!
A BIG PLUS 1 with tbrad:
What trophys, I feel like the History those pipes would tell would be a Michner tale. :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very cool.
That C&M Crown is my favorite, what a classy piece.
That GBD looks familiar! Have you smoked it yet? I'm didnt' have anything to compare it to, but thought it smoked quite well, with a better than average stem (for a meer).

Status
Not open for further replies.