PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Too sweet of a deal to pass up! I just came home with a pleasant batch of pipes that, normally, my wife would ask me to restore and put up for sale. After she saw them and my excitement, I am now allowed to keep some of them. All of the pipes were purchased new in the 60s & 70s.

In the lot were two Stanwells, a GBD, a Danmark, and a Preben Holm era Ben Wade! I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Found an ad on craigslist locally, which is surprising to me in the area. The gentleman is moving and found them in a box. Hadn't smoked a pipe in about 20 years and didn't know what else to do with them, plus didn't want to move with them.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I just realized I stated one pipe as Danmark and this is incorrect, it's a Danmore.
Below are pics of the pipes. None have been cleaned up or restored yet. So, just imagine how they'll look with a bit of polishing up.

Ben Wade

ben-wade-2-600x429.jpg

Celius

celius-1-600x420.jpg

Stanwell

stanwell-70-m-1-600x315.jpg

Stanwell

stanwell-826-2-600x394.jpg

Whole Lot

the-craigslist-newbies-2-600x309.jpg

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Hot damn that is a great find.

If I were you I would send that calabash to me as a gift. Because I'm excellent.

Hah just kidding I would probably put it up on ebay since they seem to consistently sell quickly and for plenty. I'm even thinking of selling mine.
Edit:

I may be way wrong but does it look like a Kaywoodie calabash to anyone else?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow! Quite a score there...congrats! All of those look like very nice pipes in good condition...and even a great looking calabash...that's fantastic. :clap:

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
If I were you I would send that calabash to me as a gift. Because I'm excellent.

Hahaha, If I find another, I'll be sure to keep you in mind. :puffpipe:

Around here, it's hard to say exactly WHAT one might find. That calabash doesn't have any chips in the meerschaum at all.
Not at all. 11 pipes in all. Total was $175, which comes to just under $16 each.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Nothing to add. You stumbled upon a pipe collection most people spend a lifetime developing. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.