Carey's Black Twist Tobacco 50g (sliced)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
This is a review on E A Carey's Black Twist Tobacco 50g (sliced) but before I get onto this just a few things which I have to get off my chest.

1. Note to E A Carey, when your brands are temporary out of stock don’t take them off the website just list them as “unable to order temporary out of stock”.

2. I think the world is going mad (or madder than it was) it seams we can not call a tobacco “Mixed Coconut” we have to call it “Desert Island Mix”!

3. With all the new rules around it seams a lot of tobacco’s are being withdrawn. What’s the future of pipe smoking?
Well onto my review with a particular note to 1. above. I went on

E A Carey’s website to order some more tobacco and knowing that they have reduced their own brands to 15 Carey’s private blends and 6 boutique blends, quite radical, and all due to the new EU regulations so I am led to believe.

I noted that Black Twist Tobacco 50g (sliced) was no longer on their website at all. I emailed Jenny at E A Carey’s to ask if it would be coming back on line and while waiting looked into alternative tobacco from other suppliers which could offer a strong dark nicotine laced taste.

Several on this website suggested Peterson Irish Flake as one, Gawith and Hoggarth Dark Birdseye as another and Samuel Gawith 1792. I decided to buy Peterson Irish Flake as it had good reviews and was reduced by E A Carey’s by 50p due to some old stock thing, not totally sure the reason I had an email saying new tin design coming in soon and wanting to clear old stock, but have deleted it long ago. I like it but am not blown away by it, for a Peterson it’s not bad I have very much enjoyed their 2015 and 2016 christmas editions limited which I get from Havana House curtsy of Santa (my Wife). I believe like some pipe reviewers that the “not for the inexperienced” refers to the subtle pipe tastes rather than the nicotine in the tobacco of Irish Flake. I have bought more but it’s not a patch on E A Carey’s Black Twist Tobacco 50g (sliced.
This tobacco will blow your mind, the world will speed up and you’re going to have to sit down. It’s the strongest tobacco I have ever smoked. It tastes of rich molasses, prunes, strong black coffee, liquorish and a subtle chocolate taste. I truly believe it’s an undiscovered gem in the pipe smoking community. There’s been hardly any reviews on it. In fact E A Carey’s own blends don’t seam to have many reviews outside their website. I costs £14.30 UK pounds as of today’s prices 14 May 2017. I feel you should try it, I think it’s a lot better than Irish Flake by miles. And yes its back on their website to order. E A Carey’s take world wide orders so those in the good USA could order on line. http://www.eacarey.co.uk/ I look forward to your comments on this first class tobacco. My other E A Carey tobacco is the renamed Mixed Coconut “Desert Island Mix”!

Until next time “oldmansmoking”

Status
Not open for further replies.