PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

batdemon

Preferred Member
Dec 20, 2011
My 2nd place prize from last months caption contest came in last Friday. I wasn't able to get pics posted until today. As you can see, this is a nice size pipe with a rusticated finish and good thick walls. I am very happy with this Sav because it is not a shape I would have picked out for myself, so it is a nice departure for me. It smokes wonderfully, has a nice open draw and because of the thick walls, smokes very cool. It has some heft which means you need a pretty strong jaw to clench it for more than a short while. All in all, a terrific pipe and I would like to thank Kevin and Smoking Pipes.com for this great gift.

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
That's a really nice pipe for just knocking out a caption. How many attempts at the contests would you say it took before you got yourself a winner?

batdemon

Preferred Member
Dec 20, 2011
@cmdrmcbragg: If my memory is correct, it took something like 6 or 7 tries before I won the first time. When I have won, it is a case of the caption immediately jumping into my head, the times when I have had to try and come up with a caption have never won.

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
@batdemon, that isn't bad at all. I have the same strategy as well, but haven't cracked a winner out yet. I have won plenty of MLB, NHL and NBA tickets from the local sports talk station in similar contests. Maybe pipe humor isn't my thing.