PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Each time I finish a can of this blend I think that there are more exciting blends to smoke.Yet a year or so later I seem to end up with another can.For some reason I can't seem to completely put it in my past.Now for a bit of history..I first learned of this blend back in days of old when Billy Martin who was a pipe smoker advertised it..Yes..In those days tobacco was advertised..For those too young to remember Billy he was a baseball player and later a manager.He managed the Yankees five times.I guess you could he had a pretty stormy personality for a pipe smoker.What about you? Do you have a blend that you keep comming back no matter else you smoke?

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I have been schmoking Capt Black White since '75. It's my piddle in the garage, woodworking blend.
Just load it up and puff away, never a bite. :clap:
Other times, it's Latakia blends.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I always keep a can of CBW around. There are times when I am simply not in the mood for a Latakia blend, and CBW has a great room note for pubic smoking. I have received more compliments on the smell of my pipe while smoking CBW than any other blend.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I always keep a can of CBW around. There are times when I am simply not in the mood for a Latakia blend, and CBW has a great room note for pubic smoking. I have received more compliments on the smell of my pipe while smoking CBW than any other blend.
That must be what I'm doing wrong!
I've just started pipe smoking again. 20 years ago it was CB Royal, now it's CBW. I am contemplating a tin of Dunhill Nightcap and Frog Morton on the Bayou in the near future.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Puffy, I'm with you I always come back to the Captain, its my go to baccy, I guess it started in the beginning when I was trying everthing under the sun and I like the flavor and note from the Captain the best and still do. No matter where I smoke it, I get complimented on it and even have been told by non smokers to please keep smoking.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Never smoked Captain Black. Really don't care to do so. My "drugstore blends" at this time are limited to the codger burleys, and now and then one of the Prince Al aromatics. They are pretty good for cheap aros. I have enjoyed China Black Fire Cured, in the past.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I just gave Captain Black a try again. I had a pouch and it was way to wet. After leaving it open for a week it turned into a much better smoke! I think I will buy a big tin just to have in the pipe pantry.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
The room note is pleasant, but to me the taste is awkward. Then again I have yet to find an aromatic blend that I actually like. I have some CBW in a mason jar, and the smell is ridiculously enticing; however, every time I smoke it I am severely let down.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
C'mon, Jud! Sail with the Captain! It goes great with another favorite "Captain"...Morgan!
smiley-channel.de_fahrzeug122.gif

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
a friend of mine buys it, opens it up and puts it in a dish so that the smell fills the house, and also dries the tobacco out nicely. when he walks by the dish, he packs a bowl on his way outside...nice system

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Smoked CB Gold yesterday. Real nice as long as you smoke it slow. Nice flavor. CB white is really good too, I like the little peppery-kick. I would have to say that they are basically my go-to smokes--certainly in my rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.