PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peterson Tobacco Ad

Search on Site

Recent Posts

luigi

May 16, 2017
I've finally got a few tins of Capstan Blue, produced in March 2019. Would you recommend to wait before poping one or it won't make a lot of difference? It's obviously very fresh but I don't plan to age it, I could postpone the opening for a year, it won't change in that short time anyway, right?

Mar 16, 2014
"It's obviously very fresh but I don't plan to age it, I could postpone the opening for a year, it won't change in that short time anyway, right?"

Right. It does not change much. Not even after 6 years. As to it being ketchup... maybe a little, but nothing compared to McClelland's. Capstan Flake Blue is an all day 'go to' blend, and I'm very happy I picked up so many tins for around $10 a pop somewhere back around 14? I smoke too much of the stuff. Although some will say it doesn't have Reds in it, I believe it to be a condiment leaf in the mixture. Hence, the subtle ketchup.

Reactions: luigi

logs

Apr 28, 2019
I've gotten a vinegar tin note off other blends on occasion. I assume it's used as a mold inhibitor, but maybe it's just part of the fermentation process.

luigi

May 16, 2017
According to Tobaccoreviews it's flavoured with Other / Misc. Maybe that's why it's so addictive.
I can detect vinegar notes in some tobaccos, it makes me calm believing there are no other nasty additives in there. :)