PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Never smoked a Dunhill blend before and with SmokingPipes 5 for the price of 4 sale going on right now, I couldn't pass it up.
5 Dunhill Flake (50g)

2 Orlik Golden Slice (100g)

1 Escudo (50g)
Not the biggest order, but that sale takes a big chunk out of one of Dunhill's most expensive tins.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Excellent choices! I'm going to try the Dunhill Flake soon. I hear it's tasty.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
homeatsea, I hope you enjoy the DF, it is a very tasty flake in my opinion. I would recommend cube cutting it, I have found I get a great smoke using that method.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That's going to be a nice haul Home.
How did you like the other tobacco's you ordered?

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I've been planning on trying some Dunhill flake but haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully you like the Orlik, I love the stuff and need to buy some more.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Great to hear everyone likes DF, I am quite excited to try it :puffy: I also have seen good things about Escudo and OGS.
Yaz, the Frog Morton Original was an instant favorite. I haven't gotten around to any of the others yet. I generally only smoke a bowl or two a week (for various reasons). I'm going on a camping trip this weekend with a few pipe smoking friends so I plan on delving into the rest then.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I am loving the Frog Morton Cellar as well. The Chelsea Morning is just now starting to grow on me and the EMP is finding its way into the rotation.
The Charring Cross seems a bit wet so I am just going to sit on that for a while. Otherwise I like the way it smokes and tastes when I dry some out.
I don't get a bowl everyday but like you I probably average 7-10 per week so I am still finding my way.
Enjoy and let me know you like the Flake. I told Harris I would reach out to him when it comes time to get edumacated on how to cut flake. :puffy:

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I've tried several of the other highly rated flakes, but they were out of Dunhill Flake the last time I ordered, so I'll take advantage of the sale and order some Dunhill Flake and Orlik from Smokingpipes.com on my next order.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
My only other flake is GLP Sextant and I haven't gotten to it yet. Planning on cube cutting my flakes to begin (especially since Harris has recommended it for the DF). I'm very excited to break into the world of Virginia's and Flake's.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Got my order today. First thing I'm doing when the day draws to a close is taking my Sav Churchwarden and christening it with some cube-cut Dunhill Flake. My first flake and virginia. Words cannot express my excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.