PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
he guys so i just purchased another pipe.

when i seen it online i just couldnt help myself, i think i might have a problem lol

i've been lurking around different sites just looking at pipes and daydreaming about opening a new box and pulling out a fresh pipe. gazing at it as i have done so many times before, but it never gets old . i feel like a little kid at christmas. opening that new pipe holding it in my hands and feeling every bend of the bowl,appreciating the flawless smoothness of the stem and inspecting the depth of the chamber. i than give it a quick wipe in anticipation of putting it to my lips for the first time. pulling on it to get somewhat of an idea of the air flow, as i clench down ever so softly as to hold it in my mouth but not disturb or scrath the bit. all the while a grin from ear to ear smeared across my face, as if the pipe is already lit and im enjoying one of my favorite blends. im quiet now, in another world where most cannot understand how much pleasure a simple man can get out of opening a new pipe. i think only a pipesmoker can truly understand the complexity of such an experience...maybe the only simple way to describe this is in one word PRICELESS

THE SAVINELLI 673 OCEANO RUSTICATED

picture to follow when it arrives

keep em lit gentleman

cheers
Title Capitalized- Rule 9 Thanks, Zack

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
I have a new Grabow CDL and brushed Stanwell stashed away in a box with a few tins for that Christmas effect. One day I'll come across it and surprise myself. Congrats on the pipe.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Dang, aro. I may need to go take a cold shower now... 8O
jay-roger.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The good new is that some of us get over PAD in a few decades, the bad news is that most don't. Love that stem!
002-033-34662.jpg

Reactions: dkaff
Jan 8, 2013
That new pipe feeling never goes away. There's something almost magical about holding that new pipe in your hands for the first time. I've done that with all my pipes... even cobs! :lol:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Dang, aro. I may need to go take a cold shower now..
LOL
That is a great looking pipe...congrats.
Given the current environment, I think your money is better spent on tobacco. But I certainly get the pipe addiction.
Yeah, when the tobacco's all gone they'll probably be giving the pipes away.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
do the new regulations prohibit sales outside the us

from what ive read quickly it seems that the new rules are going to make it tougher on the manufacturer but it doesnt state that whether or not tobacco will become unavailable

perhaps prices may go up ?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
There are a number of things to consider in addition to the FDA regs. McClelland js already gone out of business. Dunhill sets they're closing. The potential exists for internet tobacco sales to be banned. Cigarette companies consuming tobacco previously targeted for pipe tobacco leading to product shortages. General anti smoking sentiment . Need more?
Go to the bigger internet sites and try to buy a number of popular tobacco. YrsS, there is lots of tobacco three but lots of out of stock.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
did a little reading on the forums here concerning this subject

i understand now

i feel like im behind the eight ball here

time to start bulking up the cellar

thanks guys for the advice..here i go...

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Nice pipe. How does it smoke?

It’s hard to see a massive pipe tobacco shortage or end of days scenario. Sure the writing is on the wall but I am trying to not be a dooms day type of thinker. In the mean time there is nothing wrong with stocking up the “cellar”

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
the pipe is in the mail

just ordered it yesterday

will keep you posted as soon as i recieve it

keeping an eye out for the mail man is becoming a second hobby now is that weird ???? hahaha

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe and I totally get what you are saying. I am also like a kid at Christmas when I get a new pipe in. As soon as I get one, I open the box, clean the stem and load it up. I don't care if I already have a pipe going, I light up the new one.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Looks like a fine pipe; i think you'll enjoy it. Pipe acquisition disorder/PAD can get severe. Draw some guidelines so at least with quantity you'll end up with pipes you'll enjoy in rotation. Shop a lot more than you buy. Sometimes you'll realize that every nifty, fascinating pipe isn't something you need, so have some selectivity. Think what you already own, so you don't get endless pipes that serve the same function. Different shapes, sizes, finishes, and places of origin will round out your stable. Wait for sales and discounts when possible. Buy only one pipe at a time, and round out the order with tobacco to save on shipping. Remember, pipes often last the rest of a lifetime, so you'll be looking at that briar (etc.) for a long time. ...Oh, and take an opportunity to shop in person when possible, pipe shops, pipe shows; this will give you a chance to hold, heft, examine and evaluate pipes in a way you can't online. Look at pipes you can't afford, to see how the pricey pipes look. This is advice offered on buying a suit, to give an idea about how high-end products look, so you can better spot quality in your price range.

Reactions: dkaff
Status
Not open for further replies.