PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
I finally found some plug chewing tobacco after searching for months! It was in a general/hardware/mercantile store that has a little bit of everything. Anyway, they had cannon ball and tinsley. I was not familiar with either so I chose cannon ball because it was more firm and tightly packed. I don't know if it isn't more like a crumble cake than a plug.
I sliced off a section this morning so it would dry out enough for me to try out in my least favorite pipe. Pray for me :)

dadgy

Nov 13, 2015
You should take video and upload it for us. You know, for science.

beastinview

Preferred Member
Jan 5, 2016
I can't find any reviews of it... is this something akin to the Cotton Boll Twist, i.e., insanely strong tobacco meant for chewing?

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
It is a chewing tobacco. It is still too wet to try anyything tonight. Kinda like a dried date soaked in molasses.

cossackjack

Preferred Member
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Tried this with Days Work plug from my B&M. These need to be sliced wafer-thin, dried, then crumbled or rubbed out.

They are clearly made for chewing, not for smoking.

Good luck!

jabo

Jan 26, 2016
Glad you posted ! Thought about doing this too. However ,I thing chewing tobacco is way too heavily cased to smoke . Just like dipping tobacco can't be used like snuff. But what the hell,give anything a try at least once. Remember,doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity !

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hahaha. It has been a week and it is still not dry enough to smoke. Probably will never dry out...
It is a tasty chee though.

condorlover1

Preferred Member
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I don't think that stuff is designed for smoking much like you cannot smoke Levi Garrett. It will dry out eventually after a few weeks but if you do managed to get it burning in your pipe the high sugar casing will give you a burnt caramel flavor! If your that keen just buy at packet of Captain Monochromatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.