PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
When ordering from smoking pipes with whom should i speak for canadian order ? anyone in particular ?
thanks

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
Are you referring to shipping and duties?
There is usually an "additional comments" or "special instructions" box at the bottom of the shipping form.
4noggins usually does a good job for shipping discretely.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I've ordered directly from them using the online interface, without speaking to anyone, and had product arrive just fine. If you're inclined to talk to folks, I'd say just call the customer service # and they'll take care of you and get you to the right person.
Good luck Smokertruck, and let us know what you pick up.
-- Pat

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
ordered 4 tins mac baron burley london blend - requested 2 shipments - 2 tins each - duty label listed as mac baron tobacco valued $17 came thru no charge but seems it was opened as second line of scotch tape so duty guy was lenient - nice guys still around in the govt.

2 more enroute soon - - this is discontinued & so is villager mid day to be sent by cupojoes - both recommended by members here - 2 out of 4 i like are discontinued - something going on here ??

also order from 4n- bobs chocolate flake & trout stream also recommended by you guys have also come thru no charge -

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I like Villiger Cocktail hour, perhaps you could give that a try. I can't speak to any of their other blends, but After Dinner is pretty well reviewed.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Based in Ottawa here. I use smokingpipes when they have their dunhill tin sales.
Other then that, its 4noggins all the way!!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I have ordered items from Smoking Pipes, shipped to Canada with no issues at all. I did not have to do anything extra as compared to ordering from elsewhere.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
I like that guy .......the crack smoking , boozing governor or mayor .....politician type. He admits smoking crack when he was very drunk, says the most obnoxious stuff and gets re-elected anyway. I guess Canadians have figured out that all politicians are reprehensible and opted for one who is at least honest about it.

oh, ya don't have to order Canadians about. They are generally nice folks and will acquiesce when asked politely.

shubie416

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
Hi I am a Canadian living in Nova Scotia Canada and I have been looking at buying a tin or two of pipe Tobacco from the U.S. how any tins can I buy before I pay fee and all that other stuff

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I agree with Peck. Whenever I see heading for "Canadians" I always think it will be a discussion on Canadian Pipes.
I prefer Lovats.

rockford

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 4, 2013
Shubie,

Most like to keep orders at 200 grams or under although you still could be assessed duty. I heartily recommend 4noggins for shipping to Canada. I have had no issues whatsoever.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Shubie, 4Noggins is great, their selections are smaller then smoking pioes and their shipping is higher. Both are great online retailers. Keep your orders under 200 grams/7 ounces and I doubt you will ever get dinged. There are also other companies that will ship to Canada, Boswells is another I have used and see ordering more from.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
4noggins kicks but, SP is good too but tends to get dinged for duties more for some people.

acadianangler

Lurker
Apr 14, 2014
4 noggins 4 sure.Just ordered 2 tins. Live in Canada and been away from the pipe for a while. Went to buy a pouche of MacBaren Scottish blend 50g was $32.00 plus change. I near died. Lots cheaper to order online. No duties charged on my last 4 oz order from 4 noggins.

Status
Not open for further replies.