PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
So, I came down with a bad case of Canadian PAD recently and this is where it took me. I like larger pipes - this thing is kinda huge. It’s a 7.5” long Viprati with a 15/16” x 1 5/8” to 1 3/4” deep chamber! Smokes like a champ!
ws5puAW.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nice! Just got a new canadian myself (Brigham Klondike Canadian) and I'm excited to fire it up. Love the shape, been fighting off the urge to buy more. There are too many good ones out there.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Its a big boy! I cant quite see from the photo, but is that a transition of smooth to sandblasted at the shank? Is that a factory thing? I have not seen that before
Isaac

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Oh, man, wow, that's a beauty! Color me green, damn. Vipratis are definitely near the top of my "One day, dammit!" list.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
I'm also a fan of the Canadian family, my personal preference is Lovat shape. This Canadian is a beautiful pipe, I understand you couldn't resist. :D

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
yes, it transitions from blast to smooth at the shank. That seems to be a popular thing with them right now. That's my 2nd Viprati. The first was a bent billiard that I prized as my best smoker for years. I think this one is right there with it.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Hey Bill - that looks like quite a honker you have there in your thumb nail pic! I’ll post the Ser Jacopo Maxima Maxima (or the Bjarne Giant) I recently got if you want to see bigaz* pipes! PAD has been running as rampant as measles lately. Three for me along with AlaskanPiper’s four (all very nice in post=PAD) stand as state’s evidence, we were on the same wavelength I think.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
It takes a special Canadian to attract me and that is 1 special Canadian. Lovely. I, too, like bowls and shanks finished differently on a Canadian. My only Canadian had a smooth shank and rusticated bowl, also with silver as yours does(?)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like that blast and smooth finish, and the bigness, though it doesn't look overweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.