PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Okay folks, here's my proposal to revive the Canadian Box Pass. I'm willing to do the leg work on this myself and get it going again if the potential participants are okay with me driving the bus. I've been an active member for several months now and meet all the required criteria to join the box pass.
If you are interested in joining the box pass say so by posting in this thread and pm me your info so that I can compile a list of participants. Once the list is complete I will forward it (minus phone numbers)by email to all participants.
If you decide to participate, and I hope you do, please have your info to me by pm no later than midnight Friday August 28, 2015. I will then compile the list, send it out and try to have the box on it's way to the first person on the list by Tuesday September 1, 2015. Anyone wishing to join at a later date will be added to the end of the list. Once the box has gone full circle I will adjust the list accordingly to keep it moving as smoothly as possible.
Any questions or concerns can be discussed in this thread and hopefully resolved to everyone's satisfaction before we start the box pass.
Please read the rules of the previous box pass posted below before signing up. If you agree to the rules and meet the criteria to join then please sign on and let's get this box pass started.
Cheers. Jim :puffy:
Obligatory "This is how the Canuck Box Pass Works" Post
The Rules of Engagement

Here are the basics: This Box Pass is a box that has a large variety of tobaccos for you to sample. It is sponsored by the members, not PipesMagazine.
In the hopes of mitigating, or at least limiting, disaster befalling the box, we’ve established a few simple rules. If you want to join the Box Pass queue, you must read and agree to these rules, pay attention to the thread and follow it closely. This is not hard to do, just "Favourite" it by clicking on “Add This Topic To Your Favourite” at the top of this page. Drop a friendly note on this thread every now and again, we like hearing from you. We really, really do.
Do not sign up if you do not have a stable address, will be moving soon, are going to school out of province, are heading out to run the family trap line, etc. You need to be an active, established member here to show that you will be sticking around, and are trustworthy.
The other several boxes that were "lost", or transited via canoe, which were the result of participants not having the above attributes. Favourite this thread, stay active on it, and make sure you're posting when your turn comes around to avoid being dropped. The list administrator reserves the right to drop anyone from the list who doesn’t toe the line, including themselves.
Once you're in possession of the box, post in this thread your intent to mail so that the next person in line can respond; if they don't respond to the list in time move on to the next person that does.
The Charter of Box Pass Rights and Freedoms:

If you want to be included, you must meet the requirements below.
Before you are approved to join the Box Pass:

1. Thou MUST be a member for a minimum of 6 months.

2. Thine post count MUST be at least 100 posts.

3. Thou MUST HAVE the financial resources to spend $20-25.00 on shipping the box to the next person. Thou will ALWAYS get a tracking number.

4. Thou MUST live in Canada.

5. Thou must post a message to this thread AND PM jkrug stating your desire to be included in The Box Pass

6. Thou MUST PM jkrug your:
Full name

screen name

address

email address

phone number
Your phone number will not printed on the list, or on the forum. You might receive a phone call if something goes amiss.
Upon your approval to join The Box Pass:

6. Thou MUST:
Follow this forum thread

Post your ability to receive the box

Be active on the list when it is your turn to receive the box

Post when the box is received

Post pics of the contents, and

Post when you are ready to mail it back out again, and wait 72 hours for the recipient to post that they are ready to receive the box in this thread

Post when you ship the box. Include the tracking number.
7. THOU SHALT NOT keep the box longer than 1 week.

8. Thou mayest only join quarterly.

9. Thou will have fun, despite all the rules.
Happy Passing People.
-- Jim

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Way to step up and take this on. We've had some wonderful passes up here in the GWN over the years, and it looks like there has been a recent upsurge of Canadian members. I wish you guys all the success.
PM me your mailing address and I'll send some stuff down to start the box.
-- Pat

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I'm glad someone is starting this up again. I thought of resurrecting it myself but the unknowns of my work schedule, always a moments notice and always traveling, make it difficult for anything with a planned timeline.

I guess I'm out anyway with less than six months in, good luck with this, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I haven't been a member long enough but way to go Jim!

I'll be in next time when I qualify.

Chris in Red Deer, AB

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
1. Thou MUST be a member for a minimum of 6 months. Check

2. Thine post count MUST be at least 100 posts. Check

3. Thou MUST HAVE the financial resources ... Check

4. Thou MUST live in Canada. Double Check
c8e5137da730501fc436416ea64d8f55000dd5639b57a6987616d855da1f3506.jpg

So excited!!

thomnas

Might Stick Around
Jul 10, 2015
I'll participate in the next one when i have 6 months membership. i'm in south western ontario.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hi guys,
I wanted to mention that in previous box passes there was sometimes provisions/exceptions made for members to join in that didn't quite meet all the criteria outlined in the rules.
1: A member that met the box pass rules criteria could vouch for a friend or someone that they knew to be trustworthy.
2: A member that met the box pass rules criteria could vouch for a newer member if they had done a trade/sale or similar transaction together and felt the newer member to be trustworthy.
I personally feel this is a good way to go but do not want to make the call myself so I'm putting it out here for everyone to see and decide on.
What do you think of this guys?? Yay or Nay...please speak up here or by pm.
Thanks. Jim

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I don't have a horse in this race, but would urge you guys to make darn certain that the organizer have and vet the phone numbers as well as email and mailing address of all pass participants. When the box takes a walk, diligence and good information are the only two things that will bring it back.
-- Pat

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'll have to up my post game and get in on the next one! Sounds like a great way to try some new stuff and send on some other tobacco that has accumulated. I hope it works out for you guys. FWIW @jkrug from reading some of your posts I think I'm just down the road from you in the extreme SW.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Hey there sw0snuff3r. Sent you a pm. Hang around a little and get that post count up a bit. I think the box pass is going to be a lot of fun. :D

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Man, those rules look familiar......
Why re-write perfection?
I transcribed blatantly stole those rules after the infamous hornswaggling episode of 2014.
They can only, now, be repealed by an act of parliament or decree from the office of the Governor General.
-- Pat

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
I'm just south of Barrie in Ontario, and would be interested in participating! I've got about 29 more posts left, 28 now.....

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I'm just south of Barrie in Ontario, and would be interested in participating! I've got about 29 more posts left, 28 now.....
Sounds good briarhillgeoff, hang around some and keep active here on the forum. There's still about 3 weeks to go until we launch the box. :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Bumping this back up to the top guys. The box launch date is not far off now.
We have a nice little group on board now and a few more fellows that will be ready by the next time the box goes around. There's plenty of room on the list for more fellow Canadians sign on....the more the merrier as they say! Don't be shy guys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.