mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
april_fools_day_fb.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Captain Black Anchovy Blend to hit store shelves February 30, 2020.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
New scientific study confirms that washing your pipe with water makes tobacco taste better.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
The best April Fools are the ones that are somewhat plausible.
This one...definitely plausible with little Trudeau Jr.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
"definitely plausible with little Trudeau Jr."
Did the Queen take back her Tiara and send him into a hissy fit?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good one, Mike. Just the right touch. You had me for a minute or two.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Dark net get anything anywhere im sure tobacco is on there if it comes down to it the might have unobtanium who knows. I dont like the whole crypto currency thing.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
One point I don't understand. If Trudeau is so liberal, then what is with the personal freedom of smokers? Same goes to Finland - They would like to make their country smoke-free, but again, what is with the personal freedom? I don't want to live in a sterile world where I can't smoke fine pipe tobaccos. I'm just hoping that they will not ban it anywhere. Hell, they are making weed legal in a lot of states (and it is becoming a trend now) then how could they ban simple tobacco? It is part of humanity's culture! Like they would like to ban Irish/Scottish/American whisk(e)y/bourbon, Icelandic Brennivín, Russian Vodka or Hungarian Pálinka. I hope it will never happen.
Anyway, it was a good one for fool's day. :D

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@Daniel7, You just took words out of my mouth I was intended to tell, agreeing on 100%,yet If they will seriously start big hunt' on pipe and smoking I may consider immigrating to a more tobacco-friendly environment,,

Ps, Sorry to hear Your misfortune with Your Petersons, been there me as well,but as I understand Your located in Iceland so why not check out the estatebriarpipes.dk, Mr William may have something for you at reasonable prices. Greets, P

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
@Paul, thanks for the tip, I will check it too, as smokingpipes is a little bit too far from here. Anyway, lesson learned, no more Petersons...unfortunately, because I really like their look.

In Iceland we don't have too much possibilities when it comes to pipes and especially pipe tobaccos and it is not a really tobacco-friendly country.

If you are trying to find a more tobacco-friendly environment, then you are going to have a hard time. Outside EU, the Balkans is a somewhat peaceful place now and absolutely tobacco-friendly. I have positive experience with Montenegro for example. In the EU I like Hungary and Slovakia the most. In Hungary you are not allowed to smoke inside anywhere, but on the terraces/patios of cafes and pubs it is totally allowed and normal to smoke - and there is nice weather almost all-year-long.
@Embers, Wait, what?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.