PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
I have this one. It has Made in England under the patent date...
I've only seen London Made before... or Made in England in Football Shape.
8CPzSkh

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
https://imgur.com/8CPzSkh is what shows up as your image location. It's incomplete. Maybe...
8CPzSkh.jpeg

Okay, your image is on imgur. To properly display it, select the image you want to display. A new window opens showing the selected image with a list of options to the right of it. Select the BBCode option by clicking the copy button. Then all you need to do is paste into the reply window here.
M9lETaK.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's likely Pre-war, though the changeover to the later Sasieni Logo didn't happen until 1946, so it could be wartime.
The reason that your image wasn't showing up earlier was that you had somehow erased the .jpg tag, so the OS doesn't have a clue about what graphic format you're attempting to post. Since the OS refuses to guess, nothing appears.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You can upload larger images to Imgur, and they'll show up larger here, too. The white background is causing the auto exposure to under expose the dark pipe.

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to figure it all out.
The Made in England under the patent number has be perplexed. I see it in this style on the Alfred Era ones, but not on the Joel Era... I've been acquiring these left and right...
Does anyone have any literature on the football made in England vs. this style? Especially Joel era (pre-trans?).

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
My guess would be a very early Four Dot 1924~25. :)
Markings on my pre-war Four Dot,
saswar-3051.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
shape 129, no town name
This is what makes me think a very early Four Dot. The shape numbers on One Dots (when there was one) are completely different from the Town name/shape numbers seen on later pre-war and post-war Four Dots/"Seconds", a correspondence that remained fairly consistent throughout the family era .
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.