Can you believe she wrote down my license number?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
She is concerned about second hand smoke while earlier, she probably had some preservative laden McDonalds with a Aspartame filled diet coke.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyManx

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great response Frank lol. That woman was just exhibiting the symptoms of mass mind control that most people are under. And, like most people, she probably consumes loads of toxins every day that she believes are harmless because the "authorities" say so.
I'm continually amazed at how few people wonder what is causing the epidemic of cancer in non-smokers.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have three buddies who are married to women like that. We dont see them much any more.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I like to be moving around when I'm smoking a pipe in public, for the most part. That way, if someone is offended, they aren't offended for long. Also you see the park better if you're walking around in it rather than looking at it over the dash.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@woodsroad, love your Sutliff parody banner.
I work security for an office building and have a lady in the building who is always coming to us with something. This last week she shows up at our office window and tells me that she wanted to report a smoker in the parking lot. I ask her what he was doing, "he got out of his car and was smoking a cigarette while talking on his phone, then he lit up another one."
I thought she was going to tell me about somebody smoking weed (not that I would really care because it is legal in Colorado) but when I found out it was a cigarette I just tuned out, I was just going to let her finish her prolonged story, tell her I'd look into it and then immediately forget about it. My boss intervened and took care of it, something I have the heart to do but just didn't care enough about because she does shit like this all the time.

jamespworth

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2012
Only thing I can think of is she took what you said as a threat
Obviously wasn't meant in that way but well you know some people are just stupid.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Frank: Great story, great response. I have never had anyone be unkind to me as a pipe smoker. They always remark that their late husband/grandpa was a pipe man and the smell (always 1-Q) reminded me of them.
Probably would told her that she had been whipped by an ugly stick and relit.
Thanks for taking no shit from an old person and a woman. I'll be smokin' again today...in the car....in Virginia.
*EDIT* - I know you probably don't care, but when I see personally identifiable info, I get nervous. Crazy people on the internet can utilize all manner of info for nefarious purposes. For this reason, I deleted your license plate number. -Jason

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Those folks unfortunate enough to have experienced the loss of a loved one to lung cancer can be very adamant about how they feel about tobacco.

Inhaling cigarette smoke, of course, is not what a pipe smoker does.

I started smoking a pipe to save on cigarette papers. At first I did inhale.

Now I are a pipe smoker. My nicotine habit/addiction is satisfied. My oral compulsions attended. My guilt assuaged.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
who was parked and enjoying the day first? if she was reasonably articulate and she did call the cops they trend to agree with the women in a he said/she said pissing contest.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Another moral tumbleweed. Hey, the wind's blowing this way! Has her television's values du Jour. You bad smoking man! Nice comeback :)

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
I go down to the local cofee shop quite often, and have my pipe in my truck surfing wifi or playing online chess on my ipad, and people walking in the door, which I'm parked right in front of are usually friendly asking what year my truck is sometimes (1991 Ford). Only once did I hear something negative from a 5 year old kid telling their mother smoke is bad for everyone around the smoker right mommy?nUsually if people watch me I give them a nod and a smile and that's the end of that.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Frank I hope you weren't in the Hudson Valley, I'll be on the lookout though when I walk in the city park! :puffpipe:

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Nate, I was not in your area. This park is in an area that is loaded with upscale homes, Lincoln Towne Cars, Beemers, and upscale shops. It's an area where if people know your not from there, they look down on you. They are notorious for being arrogant. If a business opens in that area, and the owner is not from there, they run him or her out of business by not frequenting the business. I think my 2003 Ford Pickup with some rust on it upset her also. She was sitting in a brand new Cadillac Escapade. My truck was the oldest vehicle parked there. It's not a park I would ever frequent but I was on my way to an appointment, was early and decided to pull in for a 20 minute smoke. It was my own fault for lighting up in that park. I should have known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.