Can I Have a Wooden Stem Put on This Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Hey guys i have finally found the pipe i want the propblem is its not a churchwarden.I really want the Gandalf pipe from LOTR but Vauen doesnt make it any more however they do make the one in the link below which is nearly identical except for not having the churchwarden wooden stem.If i can get a wooden stem put on it or if someone knows where i could possibleey order one i will order this lil gem today tahnx a million.
http://www.vauen.de/photo/detail/en/Regent_R_393/110.1106.4.10.html
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title, L.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Check out MacQueen pipes, they used to be a site sponsor but I guess they're not any longer. Google them and you'll see they make a LOTR inspired set of churchwardens with wooden stems. The only thing to note is they long order time, I ordered mine in January and it ships tomorrow. Hope it was worth the wait, my understanding is they are based on reviews I've read.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
I saw those but have seen soo many horror stories about the customer service that has got me rather concerned.I really like their Ranger pipe.Be sure to post a review of your pipe I hear they smoke well once you get it.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It hasn't been a horror to deal with them at all, just a long wait. But they did mention that up front and they appear to be on track with their original ship dates. For sure I'll get a picture or two of my ugly mug with my pipe. I ordered the cherry wood Halfling pipe.

blackdog7

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
It took my order seven months to finally arrive. I also got a couple of emails from them advising that the pipe had shipped during that time but never received the pipe. After writing a few emails and not getting any response I gave up on ever getting it. Then one day it showed up. One thing I will say is that it was well worth the wait. Well made and smokes wonderfully. If you ordered your pipe in January and it shows up this soon maybe they have finally gotten things in order with their business. I got the Wizard in briar by the way. Hope yours shows up soon.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'll let everyone know how I fare with mine, so far everything is on track. If they ship when they said they would then I'll be happy (of course once pipe is in hand). I'm only an hour or so away from them so the shipping shouldn't take too long.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Thanks rothnh i actually emailed them once i found the pipe i am awaiting an email back i am seriously thinking of buying it either way its one of those that just speaks to me.Ive not seen alot of Vauen mentioned on here although i havent looked that much but they seem to be a very reputable brand correct???

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Hey guys I got in touch with Vauen and unfortunatly because of the licenseing agreement that wasnt renewed they apparently cannot make a long wooden stem pipe thats bowl looks that similar to the gandalf pipe.So getting a stem from them is out of the question.I have been in contact with Tom from Luna pipes and he said he could definitly fit a wooden stem to the pipe.I am awaiting email back with more details.Crossing my fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.