PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
Hello I was given a bunch of estate pipes recently by a non-pipe-smoking friend. Among them was this intriguing little number. I have given a rock salt/ alcohol bowl clean and such, It didn't need much to be honest. I wasn't that excited about it at first but when I smoked it I changed my mind. It smokes wonderfully and has become one of my weekly rotations. There is a makers mark. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this variation or at least can identify the makers mark? Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks d
UxYpoYr.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, it would be easier if you either described the makers mark you're referring to or uploaded a picture of it.
You can also check out this site:
http://www.pipephil.eu/
and see if you find the makers mark in its listings.
EDIT: While I was typing the above, images of the makers mark were uploaded. Thanks.

dante

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt

dante

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
can't figure out how to delete this unintentional double post so I'll just say - case closed

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have to confess that rarely does a week go by that I don't hear about a pipe maker I never heard of here on Forums. There must be more makers and individual crafts people than all but a rare few other products. Everything about that pipes seems unusual and/or unique.

dante

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
I feel very lucky to have become the new owner of this pipe. It's one of my favourites. It's hard to imagine how popular pipe smoking used to be sometimes. And how many variations. It has just occurred to me that all the pipes i was given have some kind of filter or cooling system. This, a Falcon with aluminium shank/stem, a Brentford (similar to a Falcon but smaller), a Carey with the magic inch filter system and an Inderwicks with an aluminium tube condenser in the shank/stem. Whoever owned them before must have liked a cooler smoke. I think he must have enjoyed the Ornsby.

Status
Not open for further replies.