PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I picked up a newer production estate fro 45 bucks. I have cleaned it with alcohol and will probably smoke it soon. When I took it to the garage to clean it up, I knocked the box it came in off a table and chipped the left side of the bit. No biggy, just took some fine 1500 sand paper and took the sharp edge off the break.
s-l1600.jpg

Any one have one of the post 1980's production ones? How does it smoke? How does it smoke compared to the older ones?

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Looks like a nice pipe. How do you date it? Is there a guide for dating Caminettos? I have a few that were passed down from my dad. None have the metal band that yours has. I don't know what year they are. All are good smoking pipes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have Caminettos before that date, and a couple from the mid-'80s. I never detected a difference in how they smoke.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I used the Briar Blues website but dating with the newest stamping, I think they state what year via the code but I'm not sure. I looked mine up and I have to go back and figure it out again.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got a newer Caminetto business that smokes great but I've never tried one before the mid 80's.
Nice looking pipe. I hope it smokes great.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I just pulled out my rather large bent dublin Caminetto Mustache Business from 2012 after a long rest, she smoke great. With a nearly 2" deep bowl, I only smoke this pipe when I have some serious time to dedicate to a smoke. That being said, I always love the way this pipe smokes.
No experience with any other pipes from this maker, but love the one I have.

duffer

Lurker
Mar 7, 2017
I had to talk myself out of a new one today.......but someday I will own probably more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.