PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Styler- Where be ye? And what tartan is that in your avatar.
Dan- Don't let that stop you!
Phxrock- Being misunderstood is a bedrock of the internet. Do join in!
~ John

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
I lurk on a daily basis.. everything I'd usually pitch in on has already been discussed by the time I find it.
I know what you mean, Dan; yet that doesn't stop most of us! It took me a while to get comfortable with the folks here, especially what with the pirates and the cob squad and those who are aligned both ways :puffy: I lurked here for about four years before I registered.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
tonypuff I guess you get the lurker of the year award, with 7 year seniority on the forum and just 117 posts. :mrgreen: Oh ... yeah, and I've been lurking myself before deciding to say something on this thread

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Yeah, I post when I have something to say, sometimes I go a couple months.
i-once-worked-with-a-man-for-three-years-and-21407364.png

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Hey jpmcwjr, I live over on the NE of Scotland, near the coast.
The tartan is Ancient Taylor, it's a little 'different' in it's coloring but since it's my family tartan I have learned to love it!

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I guess I'll chime in as well. I posted somewhat sporadically on a regular basis for a while, but the process of selling our house and having another one built limited my access to both the internet and my pipes & tobaccos, so I took a break from the site. Now that we're moved in and back on the grid I've been lurking on the regular to get re-acclimated.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A little standard badgering from time to time here, but I've encountered that going to church. Everyone has questions and opinions and information about their pipes and tobacco, so may as well wade in. As the internet goes, comparatively, this IS church.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Huge lurker. Almost creepy in fact. :wink: Now that I've sworn off following the news, I'm here even more. Now that I'm here more, I'm buying more tobacco that you all describe so well. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
Thanks for starting this one MSO. I've been visiting this forum since 2010 and decided to join 4 years ago. I pretty much visit the site on a daily basis but you can see by my number of posts that I'm more a reader than a writer. English is my second language and perhaps it made me hesitant to write at the begining but this is not an issue anymore. Like many have said, when a topic gets me curious about something, by the time I get to the bottom of the page, very often my questions are answered so I see little to no value in adding my 2 cents... I enjoy the back and forth going on between regular posters and the fact respect and friendship is always a priority (well, almost always). Thanks to the moderators for doing such a great job at maintaining the peace! I sometimes get annoyed by the Penzance, bowl coating and lighter threads (I miss this guy hahaha) or the perpetual reminders about the Black Frigate Squad, but this is part of the fun I guess. Great deals to be had on estates and aged tobacco too! This place is a wealth of knowledge for anyone wanting to learn about our hobby. Cheers to many more years and I will try posting more often.
Olivier

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
homewaters, if I could write your first language as well as you do mine, I'd consider myself quite a gentleman and scholar indeed. Despite years of French in school, and being able to read a novel in French fairly quickly once I got the vocabulary, I could neither speak it, hear it, nor write it worth a darn. So polyglots (people who speak more than one language) have my admiration. Often people who learn a second language have a better grasp of grammar than first language people. Your post reads well to me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Olivier- You write better English than many natives!
Bienvenue! Les Bleus- victoire suprême! PSG is also a favorite, after Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.