PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For me the problem is that English is not my native Language (I'm Italian…), so I understand most of the forum posts, but some posters use sometimes slang expressions that I don't understand. Therefore I hesitate to post comments, because it could be that I can't understand the replies...
Don't worry! Some of us native English speakers have the same problem! Please do post anyhow..... Ciao for now!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you lurkers and others. The Italian member does well in English; if only I could do so in Italian (or French, or some other language). Actually, we have an international crew here from U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, and other places, so the language community is wide. As for the opinion atmosphere, I think we do pretty well,with moderators help, to stick to the subject. My sense is that our cultural/political groundings are all over the map, and that is the beautiful thing. Instead of carping at each other, we have some good meeting of the minds even when we don't agree. So if you can bring yourself to contribute comments and stay mostly with pipes, it's all to the good, in my opinion. Thank you, and more-more-more comments are welcome!

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
Thanks to the people that have kindly commented my post, i feel encouraged to write something to the forum one of the next days...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
crash', I admire your reserve. I wish I could be more toward sporadic myself.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
I lurk a fair bit I guess. I'm from Scotland so I don't have regular access to a lot of the blends talked about on here and I can't afford to buy new pipes very often, so I don't really have that much to say. Happy to chime in when the topic of whisky comes up though!

Status
Not open for further replies.