Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
According to a post by THE CIGAR SASQUATCH, "There is an important piece of legislation going before the California State Legislature entitled SB 575. It would effectively eliminate the smoking of cigars and pipes in tobacconist shops, cigar and pipe lounges, and all of the few remaining places where cigars and pipes can be enjoyed in public."

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think that proposal shows the childishness of the anti-smokers. Seriously, you want to ban smoking in places that the only people who are frequent them are smokers? That makes a lot of sense. How about we start outlawing meals that have over 500 calories? They're just as big of a health risk if not bigger.

simpledesign

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2011
They got smoking inside any building (except your home) banned here in Springfield MO. So far 2 hooka bars will be shutting down and Just For Him will not be allowed to have a smoking room.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
It goes against the mores to sell a consumable you wouldn't use yourself. The nazis forgot or omitted a point, I guess. Don't let those spinsters conclude that it would therefore be immoral to sell tobacco. Such a complete perversion happens so often.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Of course! I just booked a trip to visit the wifes grandma in San Diego one last time before she moves back up to Canada - honestly the thing I was looking forward to most was sitting down and lighting a bowl in a tobacconists; something that is sadly lacking in this country.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
California is in a state of economic collapse and its politicians have to give the appearance of doing something.

They're fiddling while Rome burns. :crazy:

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
as someone who is trapped in kalifornia for the next few years all i gots ta say is look @ kalifornia and you can see the future... all stupid ideas start here and spread out when people move out. look how bad they have screwed up or and wa... id and mt are starting to feel the influence of ex-pat kalifornians.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Your giving the Cali legislative assembly too much credit Maduroman; they are just cloning the laws we have had in place for the past few years in B.C., which are in turn just a clone of those in Ontario. Sadly, the anti's are everywhere, it just seems those on the left coast are louder than elsewhere.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I crossed off California in the seventies. Smog so bad I drove half way to Catalina Island on it before I sank. 8O

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I just expect this shit to go on now. I'm never shocked when I hear about another rule being enforced against tobacco smokers that seems to make no sense at all. I do so miss hanging out at the local pipe shop and smoking pipes with fellow smokers, but then again, I can't be 25 anymore either and have learned to not miss that.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
2 of the shops i frequent will just ignore the law. and because of their clientel will get by with it...

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
I am sick of the mess the state is in, and going forward into deeper. I am just to old to move, and if I could I don't know where I could move to get away from the idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.