PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Do you guys believe that there is a difference in the blend under different packaging forms? I remember smoking this quite a while back in tin, and now that I have opened some bulk I have received I don't find the peppery perique in it to be that pronounced. You guys that indulged in this blend more than I have, is my memory playing tricks or there is a difference here?

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Are you U.S.? I haven't seen Cabbie's even in 250gm box yet.

One of my favorite blends, though my last tin reminded me of sephora.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I'd be more than happy to investigate this. Where do I find Cabbie's Mixture in bulk?

I received mine from the UK, apparently they have it over there. It was bought at a b&m called Havana House in Windsor.

Are you U.S.? I haven't seen Cabbie's even in 250gm box yet.

One of my favorite blends, though my last tin reminded me of sephora.

No sir, I am not. I am EU.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
That got me thinking if not by accident the tobacconist put something else in my pouch. I did speak on the phone with him at the time of purchase, not to mention that it looks like Cabbie's Mixture, it is a Va/per so yeah ... I am pretty sure it's Cabbie's Mixture. I guess I must buy a tin now and compare myself. My past experience, mixed with reviews I am reading all compared to my current smoke ... something doesn't add up. I just thought that some of you guys may know something.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bulk vs. Tinned, same blend. This has come up with a different blend or three. No one but the manufacturer knows for sure. Some things that can cause differences are when each was packaged, how it was stored, and amount of oxygen in the different packages.

Reactions: madox07 and Elric

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The tinned version is superior to the bulk. Way more perique, better class of Virginia's this is why my tins are much more valuable.

Anyone want to buy some tins for an exorbitant price?

Reactions: sablebrush52

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I had a tin off cabbies Mixture and didn’t rate it at all, another over rated and over reviewed tobacco.
I should have saved my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.