PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Disclaimer: I am new to pipe smoking, and this is my first review. Critiques are welcome.

Upon opening the Tin you are first greeted with pleasant grape scent. I ordered a fresh tin, and found it dry enough to smoke after letting sit for about 45 minutes. My first puff was a blast of flavor, its a mix of sweet and spicy, with a mild grape after taste. It burns very cool for a fresh aromatic, and I didnt have to relight it once. (I smoked in my H.I.S. Italian briar bent brandy sytle.)

As I burn through my bowl I find it gets a bit more spicy the more I smoke it. The taste remains pleasant from start to finish. This is by far the best aromatic I've ever had. And the Tin is a solid Ten! Love the art, very lovecraftian. As a fan I am happy to have this in my tobacco rotation.

Ïa Ïa Cthulhu fhtagn Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Attachments

• 15698767952241668895514377698294.jpg
    15698767952241668895514377698294.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 8

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
if a review gives me an idea of how much I want to try a blend it's a good review. The reviews with lots of tasting notes often leave me cold and uninterested, but for some people that's what they need. So it's really good that some people write very detailed rich reviews with tons of precise descriptions, some write reviews with just general impression, and others somewhere in between. They're all useful because they're going to help someone know which tin to drop their money down for. Also did you notice how if you're planning to write a review it seems to sharpen ones senses? So even if that's all it does is give you an excuse to dig into a blend and enjoy it with a more critical eye, then that's good enough.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
if a review gives me an idea of how much I want to try a blend it's a good review. The reviews with lots of tasting notes often leave me cold and uninterested, but for some people that's what they need. So it's really good that some people write very detailed rich reviews with tons of precise descriptions, some write reviews with just general impression, and others somewhere in between. They're all useful because they're going to help someone know which tin to drop their money down for. Also did you notice how if you're planning to write a review it seems to sharpen ones senses? So even if that's all it does is give you an excuse to dig into a blend and enjoy it with a more critical eye, then that's good enough.

Yeah when I sat down to smoke it I inteded to write a review, and it certainly made me analyze a lot more than I would have.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.