Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
This was posted minutes ago by C&D on Instagram. 8O
fullsizerender-600x542.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Give me a reminder of the constituent tobaccos in this one. I really like the art.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...and burley, with chocolate ... what's not to like? Thank you gents.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Gotta love it. I cannot wait to try this one! I checked Greg's site awhile ago, no update. I hope me adds his thoughts on the re-release and if it will vary any from the original.
"Steamed, hot-pressed into blocks" seems like it would require special equipment since that seems like a UK specific process that just isn't done here in the US. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Duane, I heard Greg say that they are indeed bringing Mephisto back, but with a Banana topping. They are going to call it Chiquita Reserve! :nana:

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Gotta love it. I cannot wait to try this one! I checked Greg's site awhile ago, no update. I hope me adds his thoughts on the re-release and if it will vary any from the original.
"Steamed, hot-pressed into blocks" seems like it would require special equipment since that seems like a UK specific process that just isn't done here in the US. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
That's correct. The re-release, as the original, is being produced in collaboration with Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Does that mean this will also be a very limited run again?
Thanks!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Duane, I heard Greg say that they are indeed bringing Mephisto back, but with a Banana topping. They are going to call it Chiquita Reserve!
:mrgreen:
Mephisto is what Black Frigate tried to be. Coming from me everyone knows what that means! 8O

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it sure sounds promising.
Thanks guys!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Steamed, hot-pressed into blocks" seems like it would require special equipment since that seems like a UK specific process that just isn't done here in the US."
That and the fact that many reviewers on TR.Com detect the infamous 'Lakeland Essence' suggests to me at least that it is actually made in Kendal and not the US.
I could of course be wrong, either way I certainly want to try it out :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
OMG! Stonehenge! No interest in doing this for over 15 years. I wonder how much of this they're going to make? In any case it's every minute-man pipe smoker and his trusty computer at the ready. Bet it's gone in hours!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
How closely will the re-issue follow the recipe originally used? How close will the tobacco be that which was first used?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I just talked to Mark in Customer Service at smokingpipes and he had great news!
They are getting 3000 tins which will be available on the site on Friday. The recipe and the tobacco are going to be "very close" to the original release. No pre-ordering as of this time. This is slated to be a regular production blend and is part of the blender's initiative to re-issue old blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.