Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
I'm contemplating it. A Rosslare Classic? Irish Harp? Nutcracker would be the baccy I'd choose, also.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was tempted, but I told myself that I wouldn't have bought another Peterson otherwise, so why do it for a Tobacco that I know literally nothing about and there are no reviews on yet? Since the deal is going on until pretty much the end of the year, I'll probably wait until I hear some reviews of the tobaccos. Then maybe decide if it is worth it. If they last that long....If not, then I'll miss out, and be just fine. goosfraba..........goosfraba.......

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always like it when tobacco is offered as a lagniappe, though I had a negative experience some years ago with a Peterson holiday aromatic. I think the flavoring gave my tongue and gums a hard life. Those Pete pipes are just naturally appealing to me, and I have quite a few.

Reactions: sandollars

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I wish it was, buy a tin and get a Peterson. They'd have a lot more takers. puffy
Yea, I’m not going to lie, I got the pipe to get the tobacco. Peterson has lovers and haters. Checking the draft hole and if it will take a pipe cleaner, before I light it up. Clearing a pipe cleaner isn’t a deal breaker, more concerned if it has a lacquer finish? Any one know if these smooth Dracula’s have a lacquers finish?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
They should actually put the pipes into one pound bags of tobacco, like Cracker Jack prizes. Secret decoder pipes. puffy

No really, I hope you enjoy your pipe, Perdurabo. But, I do think these are varnished. Hopefully, they didn't dip the whole damn thing in varnish, ha ha. JK... they probably did.
Thanks Cosmic. Varnish/Lacquer, whatever that bubbles.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I was IRATE as I read that email because I was opening a box I'd just received from them with a Peterson Christmas edition pipe in it. I don't know if there's a wayback machine that'll let me get a tin but I'm gonna reply to the email and ask.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
It is tempting, I do love me some Pete’s. The new Christmas pipes are quite nice looking, in my opinion. I think it’s a cool collaboration to drum up sales for both brands, but 1 tin of something I can’t get anywhere else without buying a pipe is a huge turnoff. Although I’m sure they’ll have stock leftover that they’ll sell eventually. Still... don’t need another Peterson. I’ve moved on to Ashton’s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.