PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
Hey i recently bought my first butz choquin pipe and old bowl with a home made stem not original as had liked the shape and history for a while but not had the opportunity to get one now i hav smokes great but was trying to look up but no onfo available hav found plenty of stuff on origine st clauid france 2 but mine has butz choquin a metz origine on one side and on opposite has france 1 any help or where i may be able to get some help identify would be appreciated thankyou

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Hey i recently bought my first butz choquin pipe and old bowl with a home made stem not original as had liked the shape and history for a while but not had the opportunity to get one now i hav smokes great but was trying to look up but no onfo available hav found plenty of stuff on origine st clauid france 2 but mine has butz choquin a metz origine on one side and on opposite has france 1 any help or where i may be able to get some help identify would be appreciated thankyou

Is English your primary language?

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
:)(it's not mine either...??)

Metz is simply the name of the city of France from which originated the 2 founders of the brand.

"This is the story of a man and his son-in-law who, passionate about pipes, create a whole. Jean Baptiste Choquin and Gustave Butz, two Messins ( born in Metz) make their first pipe together, in 1858. It is called Choquin and is very well known to amateurs. Composed of a horn pipe, an extension of albatross bone and silver rings. Then is born the company Butz-Choquin."

For exemple :

Status
Not open for further replies.