PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
But, the perique overshadows the burley in that one, for me. I still enjoy it. I just think of perique before burley when I do.
Yeah, the perique does get your attention with OJK...but that's one of the things I love about it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Burley's my favorite leaf as mentioned in an earlier post on this thread. I did omit one category in how people react to burley. Some pretty much love it. Some like selected blends. Others don't like any of it, tend to throw up. One other category -- some really don't taste it much, kind of like cardboard or tissue paper. Some of these folks might cultivate a taste for it, but it may never be a "fav." I'm learning nuances of Virginias, sipping it more and reflecting "deeply." Burley has always rung my bell.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
After initially not being appreciative of it, I am now really enjoying Chatham Manor. I will be buying another tub soon.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't smoke any straight burley's. I enjoy a number of Vaburs and have the following in my cellar in no particular order.
Solani Silver Flake

Peterson Perfect Plug

GL Pease Navigator

Petersons Irish Flake

Peterson University Flake

Esoterica Stonehaven

Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired

Wallace Flake

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky

Savinelli Doblone d'Oro - Vabur with Perique

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
cigarmaster, I find burley an excellent condiment in other blends that adds balance to a Virginia base, and/or Orientals and other leaf. It adds a good dimension to English blends as well.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Burley, especially Solani 656 and HH Burley Flake knocked me right off the Latakia train.
Old Dark Fired is like a heroin addiction.
Carter Hall and Prince Albert by the tub. Mixes great with every damn thing.
I'm definitely a huge burley fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.