PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's OK, I ate extra ones for all the twits who listen to Oprah. It was tough work, but I'm the man for that kind of thing.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I've never understood why anybody would watch Oprah. :crazy:
As for White Castle, true, they are not in Texas yet. But their belly bombers are in the frozen food section at H-E-B and other supermarkets. I can eat a box (6) for supper easily. Can't wait to see what they taste like at an actual White Castle.

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
A burger made with grass fed beef, grilled on Beg Green Egg is the best for flavor.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Nothing like contributing to a 6 year old thread.
Bob's grill down here in Robinson, Texas. Locally owned and only open from 11 AM to 2 PM. Bob even puts the buns in the grease after the burger is cooked to slop up all the good stuff and will then slather the buns in mayo and serve on a paper plate. You ought to see how he cooks the fries!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Sorry to say but this guy has become an expert at bringing threads back from the dead.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Making some burgers tonight with horseradish on onion kaiser rolls. Arugula salad dressed in olive oil and lemon as a side. Lots of flavor! I have two rows of arugula in the garden so I'm eating lots of that these days.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never tried McDonalds outside the U.S. However, there are regional differences within the U.S. In the South where I live, all McD's offer ham biscuits, thin salty crispy ham on a biscuit with egg (and cheese) if you want it. I asked for it at a McD's up North and they looked totally mystified, and I saw, sure enough, it wasn't on the menu. Some of the McD franchises work at doing localized decor, within McD's interior design specs. Some of it is carried off pretty well. I do like McD's for the occasional cheap breakfast, and their coffee is surprisingly good, a little better to my taste than the standard Starbucks, though you can't get the fancier coffee drinks.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Recently had one called The Elvis. Yep, you guessed it. Lotsa Peanut butter, slices of thick bacon, and fried bananas. It was good. I feel like I left something out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.