PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Was watching TV and local channel had kids 4th grade thru 6th attending Bulling School. What a Crock, Snowflake city, trophy in every hand, no one responsible for their action, no wonder were in the shape we are in, when did thes Crazies take over. I didn't raise my kids like that. Disgusting.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Are kids now so pussified they need to be taught how to be a bully? Or, more likely, granted, that they learn to stand up to them, or avoid....?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
It was avoiding Bullying, in our day we avoided with a good right hook or a kick in the Gonads, sometimes a good bite too. The worst was when I came home with torn shirt or jeans, nose bleeding , puffy cheek, Mom would look at me and say clothes cost a lot money, No how are you Cher can I fix your Bo Bo. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Kids are often pretty smart. They'll listen to the "proper civilized" advice, and will likely try it to see how it works if the situation permits. Most kids, just out a sense of survival, are going to have plan B.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Life is a three pipe problem. the sane ones are on their second or third bowls while the world spins around us.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's a vital part of the grand curriculum to teach helplessness and dependency.

Jan 8, 2013
There is only one way to take care of a bully. And that is turning the tables on him. More often than not, the bully is a coward, picking on someone less fortunate or smaller, because he thinks he can get away with it, and because he hasn't the guts to mess with anyone his own size or larger. I've been there. I was often the smaller kid, so I had my share of dealing with them. Especially every time I started a new school. So I learned early on, if you don't want them messing with you, you give them a very good reason not to. An example. I remember this kid, Greg, from Junior High. He was a big kid. He was always running his mouth, making threats, calling names.... those are just words. I got worse at home, so no big deal. I just tried to ignore and move on. But one day in the cafeteria during lunch he shoved me in the back from behind. I ignored it the first time, so he did it again. I nearly dropped my tray. "Dude..." I said. "Stop." So.... "What you going to do about it?" And then he shoves me again. I put down my tray and turned around. This time he shoves me from the front... I step back with the shove and one big quick step forward again and planted one good right hook. He went down like a sack of potatoes and never bothered me again. In fact, after a while had passed, he wanted to be my friend. One true story of a few such moments in my life. Bullies are, without any doubt, usually just cowards at heart.
Granted, they may just be angry... perhaps they have a bad situation at home and bullying others is their way of dealing with their emotions. So really, there could be a number of reasons for their lashing out. But in my opinion, the majority of them are simply cowards trying to push their weight around, but to scared to do against anyone they think might be an even match.
Take for instance, "cyber bullying." It's a pretty new phenomenon that didn't exist when most of us were growing up. Now you hear about it all the time. Somebody says a bunch of rotten things about someone else on Facebook or something similar. Well it's likely because the bully is too cowardly to say something to the bullied in person.
Of course parents these days aren't helping solve the problem, because instead of teaching their kids to stick up for themselves, they baby them, and give them hugs, and might as well be sticking a damn pacifier in their mouths instead of saying... "Next time he does this, give him a damn good reason not to."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I was bullied a bit in school.
I later went to a great "bullying school", 7 years in the US Army Infantry.
Jay :nana:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
The reason it got to me, Dad moved us to Brownsville TX to run a Shrimp Boat fleet, I was in Fourth grade I had to fight the Mexicans every day, sometimes one , sometimes 2 or 3, I won some but lost more than I won. Mom thought that I was playing rough, never told them, it finally quit, looking back on it it made me tough, you need to get your ass kicked or you"ll never understand.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've dealt with my share of bullies, and Anthony's advice is spot on. I took down a Golden Gloves boxer in one fell swoop, once. Then he wanted to be my friend. Tough shit, asshat. The cure to bullying is humiliating defeat. Kim Jung Un is begging for it now. Who are we to deny the needy?

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have a deep hatred of bullies. I was bullied in school, but kicked the shit out of one and that was that. It is like a rite of passage. There are studies where human males need to go through a rite of passage of some sort in order to reach emotional maturity.
Though it came quite late for me, it was the Army that was mine. It seems there is a genuine movement to emasculate our young men. Keep them children.
It goes a long way to explaining how come so many of them seem to be so wimpy these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.