PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I just visited this shop and they are going out of business. Everything is 30% off. I bought 2 oz of bulk tobacco, a coconut almond blend for $5.50 with tax. Sad to see them go. This is not the Bull & Bear in St Charles that Kevin reviewed two years ago. There is no relationship between the two shops. Mostly they were a cigar shop.
Otherwise it was a fun day for me and my wife. We went on a date to a spice shop next door to Bull & Bear. We spent about $35 on various herbs and spices. I am certainly willing to invest in good cooking.
Winton

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I will say that the Bull & Bear in St. Charles is definitely worth a visit if you're within 30 miles or so. They have a lot of pipes, but no brands that ever appealed to me. But they also have a good number of tinned blends -- from some of my favorite companies: including Esoterica and Dan Tobacco -- that are worth checking out.
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ok, Illinois folks; I don't live there anymore, but I grew up in Park Ridge, just NW of Chicago, and

it had the famous and long-running Park Ridge Pipe Shop, which must have done business for at

least 30 years, and brought many a young pipe smoker from high school through middle age. In

the 1970's, after I had left town, it became a sort of center for counter culture, but kept its more

traditional customers too, as near as I could tell. It was definitely a center for pipe culture for

many many years. Always smelled great. It backed up to the railroad tracks just down from the

commuter station.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Oh man, that sucks. Whenever I visited the ex, we always went. They were always very friendly despite being mainly a cigar store.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Today my wife and I went on a Penzey's Spice date. Anytime we are alone, outside the house, it is a date. While we were at our favorite spice shop, I noticed that Bull & Bear is open again. When I asked, they said they have new management. Anyway, they are still around. A wall full of cigars and one table with bulk pipe tobacco.
Winton
Again, this is the Naperville shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.