PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Just had to post this pic. Man I love this stuff but I don’t know why ? What is it that I’m tasting that is so different from all the other aro’s I smoke
b0fd4260-76be-4bdb-b5a9-b1576443ea87-600x450.jpg

Edited by jvnshr: Fixed link.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There it is, though you've rotated it somewhere along the line.
You simply had an extra "http//" in the URL. Just paste over it next time.

Is there Rose Geranium oils in there? I thought this one was granny panty free.
I haven't tried this one yet.

From smokingpipes.com

The main characteristics of Bob's Chocolate Flake come from the 8% Latakia included in the blend and the smooth chocolate aroma. Brazilian, Zimbabwe, and Malawi Virginia leaf make up 82% of the blend providing a mellow/medium smoke cooled with the addition of 8% Malawi sun cured and 2% Malawi Burley. The Latakia cools but also adds strength and aroma. The cocoa casings and chocolate top flavors are rounded off with vanilla and other flavors providing sweet notes in this very unique and popular blend from Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.

Malawi has a fire cure, smoked meat flavor, and the small whisper of latakia would add a cool smokey spice. Added cocoa and vanilla... hmmm... I just haven't tried it because it is so hard for me to imagine. And, it's such a mediocre nicotine punch. I think that Dark Flake fits me better for a strong flavor, with an even stronger nicotine kit.
But, if you like it, that's great. I will eventually give it a try. Like what you smoke, smoke what you like... :puffy:

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I haven't tried it yet either, but I couldn't resist the granny panty quip. The review consensus seems to be the SG Mayor's Chocolate Flake has a stronger chocolate flavor so I'll probably give that a try first.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
:rofl: I keep rotating my tablet device, but it keeps showing the pix upside-down! Post is loads of fun for this easily amused piper. I may not be able to leave this thread for a while.

Lakelands is just an area of England. They are known for their scented tobaccos, which is a little different from aromatics, in that the flavoring (or scentings) are from the perfume industry. There is a bunch of malarchy about English purity laws, but I think that these had more of an effect on making latakia more popular, as I cannot imagine perfuming tobacco with colognes and perfumes is "pure."
Most likely some of the flavors that you are experiencing that are "different" are the uses of those "imperial" tobaccos from places in the world where other companies don't source tobaccos from, such as Malaysia, Malawi, Africa, etc... those deeper stronger flavors aren't normally found in American blends, and the tastes are pungent. I like them though, but I try to find the ones that have less of the damned perfume scents squirted on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.