PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I've not purchased a pipe in almost a year, give or take a few months. I've been holding off, I've gotten a few new firearms, a new tree stand, and some other things that are not considered essentials so I've not been able to buy a pipe with the wife's permission. Not counted are the two MM cobs that I've picked up in the last few months, but those don't count, at least not with the wife. So I'm burning to buy one, and with my birthday coming up in a few months I keep looking at pipes and it is so hard not to buy one. Also in the mix is a soon trip to Boswell's. I'm fairly certain I won't walk out of there without at least a pound of tobacco and a new pipe. Waiting is hard! Each time I see a pipe posted for sale it so pulls at me. Each and every P&C email tempts me and SP is the worst with their "we have new pipes" way of advertising.
I'll stop complaining now.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I've gotten a few new firearms
Okay, you have my attention!
Each time I see a pipe posted for sale it so pulls at me
I know how you feel, some of the members hear are really tempting me, but with the holidays coming up I promised myself no more PAD or TAD satisfaction till next year

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Pagan, this summer I got my CCL and picked up a H&K VP40 to celebrate, and then I just purchased a Ruger M77 MkII chambered in 30-06, I got one heck of deal on both. I also purchased a Savage 320 12ga for the house. Holds 5 in the tube and one in the chamber. 00 shot for anything that might go bump in the night. And I always justify the long guns because I usually keep us in red meat year round with the different opportunities that I get to hunt.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I've shared a few of the posts regarding pipemakers being forced out by the new FDA rules with my wife. You know, just to plant the seed of "it's now or never, these pipes are going away forever".

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I was up until 2am this morning and looked at literally more than a thousand estate pipes before I settled on an unfamiliarly named bent billiard for under 20 bucks. I HAD to get one. I gave away a cob to a friend and have been accidentally busting stems left and right. My PAD was in full swing. I'm sure this is helping you, right? :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm trying to keep a lid on PAD too. I console myself with the fact that Christmas morning I get to smoke my new Weaver, but it's still hard to resist!

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
I'm going full on TAD and not concerned about pipes anymore as a I have about three dozen cobs and about a dozen briar pipes. I have more tobacco than any brick and mortar within a 100 mile radius but feel compelled to continue and buy more. Its so satisfying to see my cellar grow.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Hackchuma I should have added that to my title too, it's a part of the issue. I used to be content to buy just a tin or a few oz at a time but now I find myself wanting to buy pounds at a time!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
@texmexpipe, that H&K VP40 is a nice handgun, personalty a Glock and 1911 guy but have a collection of old wheel guns, I still hunt pig and deer with my Win 94 30-30, Im just an old school guy

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Love Glocks and 1911s can't beat em! I'm a fan of anything with a trigger that causes a loud noise and a resulting hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.