Buescher's Corn Cob Pipe (still in original bag)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

emersonward

Lurker
Nov 28, 2017
So I was given a corn cob pipe that I was told is pretty darn old, I'm assuming at least 80's but I don't know a ton about tobacco pipes so I'm not sure. And I've been trying to google the brand Buescher and can't find anything. It's in perfect condition, never been used, just has a couple small holes torn here and there in the bag that it came in. It has a sticker marking the price as 99 cents, but under that you can see where it was originally only 79, so I'm guessing it must be pretty old. I'd really like to keep it as a collectible but I'm basically just trying to figure out if it would be worth anything cause I'm pretty hard up for money right now, bit of a sticky situation. So if anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums!

...and the answer is:

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/nonbriar/corncob.html
If it's in pristine condition I wouldn't smoke it. Buy yourself another cob to smoke.

emersonward

Lurker
Nov 28, 2017
Alright, thanks everyone for the quick replies and good advice! I'll check out that link you left @Cortez. Thanks guys!

emersonward

Lurker
Nov 28, 2017
So the link was quite helpful but I also was hoping to find out if it might be worth any decent amount of money if I could find the right buyer. I couldn't find any info like that though. Can anyone help?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
was hoping to find out if it might be worth any decent amount of money
I'm not well informed about such things, but it might bring several times the value of a modern corncob. That's a significant amount of appreciation, but do you consider $20 - $25 a "decent"

amount of money? Put it up for auction with a reserve price that you find acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.