Budget cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

deathmetal

Preferred Member
Jul 21, 2015
JR Cigars or Cigars Int'l generics or mistakes pile smokes. Good for camping, bring a bundle and share with friends.

jaytex969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
I am not a cigar person, at all.
That said, I was perusing the P&C mail catalog a few months ago and became intrigued by some Irish cigars. I had never heard of an Irish cigar, so I ordered some.
Alta Gracia is the name. I got a box of 50 Natural cigarillos.
I've been enjoying them quite a bit and can recommend them for "non-cigar" people.
$20 for 50 and comes in a neat little wooden box:
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/alta-gracia-cigars/1410639/
Jay :nana:

mikestanley

Preferred Member
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I generally like a cigar on the golf course. I order JR Alternative bundles at about $2.00/cigar. I order them well ahead of need so they sit in my humidor for a while, which helps. I just got a bundle of CAO Cameroon and an ersatz H. Upmann Churchill. They are for next season. When I buy cigars locally, I enjoy the Punch Elite Corona size.Not budget priced but reasonable at $.45/stick.
Mike S.

aldecaker

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2015
Since we're on the subject, has anyone tried the Winterman's Cafe Cremes advertised in the P&C catalog? Pipe smoking at work is starting to be a bit of a pain with all this wind we've been having, and I'm looking for some smallish cigars that are not acrid.

sjmiller

May 8, 2015
True budget: Asylum Schizo or Quorum

Better budget: Fuente Curly Head

Wintermans are not bad but for a short cigar I prefer Villiger Export.

catyrpelius

Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
My go too budget cigar is a La Aurora Principes. They are a short filler flavored cigar but I still find them really tasty for the money. At $35 per 50 they are a great bargain.

aldecaker

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2015
A treasure trove of info, as usual. P&C was out of Parodis and de Nobilis, so I ordered some Winterman's Arome and a box of Alta Gracia Irish Cider. That should be enough to get me started.

saltedplug

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2016
Tatuaje Brown Label Regios

Tatuaje 10 Year Commemorative

Tatuaje La Riqueza

Nat Sherman 1930 Rothschild

Don Pepin Blue

EP Carrillo La Historia