PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
BROKEN PIPE!!!
You better sit down - For those who knew this kind man...
I posted this to our Club members and our Facebook page and thought I'd do the same here as many of you here knew Dan from the NY Show and more recently, Chicago.
It is with the deepest sadness and sorrow that I report this most devastating news which I just learned. Our dear brother and long-time Club member, Dan Silverstone, has passed. I am in complete shock right now and can’t begin to tell you how heartbroken I am. I can’t even process this. Oh, my dear God!
About two weeks ago, on July 5th, Dan contacted me to tell me that after all he has been through with his back operation, he was experiencing pain in his stomach and had to go back to the hospital where they found a tumor in his stomach. He was to have a biopsy the following day. I emailed him a few days ago to follow up with him and had not heard anything until this devastating email arrived moments ago. It is from Dan’s wife, Ginger:
Hi Lou,

Dan passed yesterday at 3:05 p.m. He had cancer in his lung and pancreas and was not able to make it. Please let his closest friends know what has happened.

I am sorry for the news. We are planning his funeral and still not certain on the day.

I will need your help later on as time goes on.

Dan really loved you.

Love,

His wife, Ginger
I don’t know what say. Obviously, on behalf of the entire Club, we extend our deepest condolences to Ginger and their family. This one hits so hard. I felt very close to Dan and have known him for so long, one of my first friends in the Club. I don’t know what say… Live and Love, my friends, life is too short…
dano.jpg

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Funeral Arrangements for Dan Silverstone...
There will be a graveside ceremony on Friday, July 20th at 11:30 am at the Mount Ararat Cemetery in Lyndenhurst, Long Island. The address is 1165 NY-109, Lindenhurst, NY 11757.
http://www.mountararatcemetery.com/
If you can make it I know Dan's wife Ginger would really appreciate it. I'll be attending and hope to see you there.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that is devastating news Lou. Dan and I were always kindred spirits at my occasional NYC meeting. We shared a love for similar British pipes. Dan also always had with him some impossibly slim and gorgeous Beckers. I didn't see him that often, but when I did, he greeted me like an old friend. Dan was also a drummer of some reputation in the NYC jazz scene, a pity that I never was able to see him play.
Dan was an occasional participant here, under the screenname "Londonmake" (typically in the British section).
Please pass on my condolences to his family. He will be missed and a raised pipe this evening, to a fine gentleman who left us too soon.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Londonmake was a great contributor here. That's sad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.