PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
What a legacy.. truly a sad day for pipe lovers.

I hope his family is consoled to some degree by the love and admiration from the pipe community.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Son of renowned Sixten, and father of Nanna.

lars.jpg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Very big loss for his family and for pipe smokers everywhere. Lars’ designs and techniques have influenced dozens of other carvers and his aesthetic will be felt for many years, may he Rest In Peace.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hey guys, as regretful as we are, we can confirm this to be the case. Sykes and Nanna spoke early this morning (last night her time) and she informed him of the sad news.
Our thoughts go out to the Ivarsson family.

Jan 8, 2013
I never knew him or met him or own any of his pipes, but he certainly carved a beautiful piece of briar. When browsing pipes online I often search Danish pipes, as I love them, and the Ivarrson name is pretty much synonymous. Although way out of my price range, I still enjoy looking at his pipes, as they are indeed beautiful. I believe the pipe community as a whole lost a great one. My condolences to his family and all that knew him.
002-266-0059_7.jpg

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
It is spreading also on FB.

Same as Sable was not able to find anything in google though.

Dec 24, 2012
Very sad news. I met him briefly in Chicago in 2015 and he was a very amusing and humble man. RIP, Lars. Man, St Peter has some awesome pipes to look forward to.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well, shit.
We had adjoining rooms a few years ago in Chicago so kept running into each other. Finally introduced ourselves and had a few conversations. A drier sense of humor I've never known. He also seemed very kind and the exact opposite of "full of himself".
His carving talent goes without saying.
A true giant in the PipeWorld. He will be missed.
:crying:

dunstanhillwell62

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2017
Denmark
Very, very sad news indeed and a great loss to the world of pipe-making.

I remember his Q&A column in the Danish pipe magazine 'Piben' (1971-1972); he had a wondeful, wry sense of humour and his knowledge of pipes and talent for making them was enormous.
My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Sad news indeed...........

I've never owned one of his pipes, but have spent hours looking at them. A true master at his craft.

R.I.P. Lars.............

Status
Not open for further replies.