PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen and heard about this pipe much. Except one of the forum members here own a piece (As read from an old thread). I have seen two examples sold in smoking pipes websites before.

The seller claims that this is unsmoked. There is a bowl coating and with my limited knowledge I cannot say if it is indeed unsmoked. The rest of the pipe is superb clean, so it is either really unsmoked or an excellent work of restoration. The Lucite stem is excellent but the six dots have faded / corroded.

There are two flaws with this pipe

1. The shape is a bit weird and not symmetrical. While it looks classic, with this asymmetry, it qualifies as a Freehand.
  2. While it is designed as a sitter, the bowl is heavy, so it really does not sit.

I have mixed emotions about this pipe, but the happy thing is this is a weird piece of Sasieni history and it seems this is extremely rare

The box is authentic... the pipe sock does not seem authentic.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sasieni definitely coated their bowls and that looks unsmoked to me.
I've not seen a Superb Six in a long time!
Smoking Pipes had one, same freehand shape:

Reactions: cshubhra

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I just happen to be smoking some Condor in my Sasieni Superb Six right now. My wife and I bought a Superb Six and a Perfect ten dot Sasieni back in the early 1980s from a Tinder Box in southern CA. They had some in stock for a couple of years and these were the last two so we got them for a good price. Even at that time no one seemed to know much about them, and no internet so.... I don't think anyone really took them seriously as real Sasieni's, they just looked too different from the ones that had been produced before. Personally I like the way they smoke, but I don't mind lucite stems either. I guess the general consensus is that they are transition pipes, but other than that, I know very little.
Your pipe looks very nice and I hope it serves you well.

Last edited:
Reactions: cshubhra
I read your forum post as my research before purchasing this one.

I just happen to be smoking some Condor in my Sasieni Superb Six right now. My wife and I bought a Superb Six and a Perfect ten dot Sasieni back in the early 1980s from a Tinder Box in southern CA. They had some in stock for a couple of years and these were the last two so we got them for a good price. Even at that time no one seemed to know much about them, and no internet so.... I don't think anyone really took them seriously as real Sasieni's, they just looked too different from the ones that had been produced before. Personally I like the way they smoke, but I don't mind lucite stems either. I guess the general consensus is that they are transition pipes, but other than that, I know very little.
Your pipe looks very nice and I hope it serves you well.
View attachment 1904

Reactions: agnosticpipe
Status
Not open for further replies.