Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I have this Brigham Voyager
002-491-1152.jpg

I finally broke down and got some Halcyon II wax this past week and used it on a few of my rusticated pipes, including this one. The results were actually pretty good, except on this one: It took off a lot of the "red" stain and now I can see fills that the stain was hiding. It did nothing like this (the wax) to the other pipes and this Brigham was the last one I used it on.
Has anyone else ever had a problem like this with the Halcyon?

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Same here. I like the results I've had with Halcyon II on my briars. Shines them up really nice. Packaging says good for meerschaum too. I may try it on one and see if I agree as I have been using a little Bert's Bees Wax. .

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I been used HALCYON II WAX for a years. Onetime I tried on stem which orginally beige color stem.

But I wanted darker color stem so I did put on reddish marker and cover up with HALCYON II WAX.

Result? Fail.lol. All marker color come out with paper towel. After that never use on marker.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've used it in the past and never had that problem. But I've never tried it with a Brigham. I don't mean to bad mouth your pipe, but aren't Brighams fairly low-end pipes to begin with? I guess I'm not that surprised.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I've used it in the past and never had that problem. But I've never tried it with a Brigham. I don't mean to bad mouth your pipe, but aren't Brighams fairly low-end pipes to begin with? I guess I'm not that surprised.

I think it's the pipe's quality. I actually won it here in a cartoon caption contest.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Aha! I've got it! Greg--the problem's not the wax, it's the stain. Buy a small bottle of stain, and never, ever wax that pipe again. :roll:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Aha! I've got it! Greg--the problem's not the wax, it's the stain. Buy a small bottle of stain, and never, ever wax that pipe again.
Eric

I have stain and will likely refinish it. But once I do, I won't have to worry about it coming off when I buff it.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Greg:

My Voyageur Apple does the same thing... the staining jobs for some reason on the Voyageurs are terrible. It's the only one of my Brighams that does that... it's the burgundy stain that seems to be an issue. Just letting you know you're not the only one with the Brigham stain.
Shutterbug

Status
Not open for further replies.