Briarville Your One Stop Shop For Meerschaum Repairs With Pictures!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have to say that finding a good guy or true craftsman to work on the sort of ancient meerschaum pipes I like to smoke is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. I have been messaged on several occasions by forum members asking my where to go for this type of work. My response has been that if you find a good one please let me know as I will give him all the work he could ever handle. Luckily while exchanging PM's with xrundog on the forum he suggested I give Ric a call at Briarville in Tennessee. I gave Ric a call and found him to be very friendly and incredibly knowledgable about the sub section of the antique market that I inhabit, namely meerschaum 'cutty' pipes. Satisfied I had by luck stumbled across the 'one' I had been looking for I sent him three pipes, one an elderly meerschaum 'cutty' with a butchered stem in a case, my day to day smoke everywhere 'cutty' in a case and a 'cutty' that was missing its stem I had picked up on Oi Vay for $25.00 and the results were beyond my wildest expectations as shown in pictures below.
IMG_0005_zpsf5c369c3.jpg

pipe_01_zps7bq8pue4.jpg

_57_zps5bbdcf9a.jpg

pipe_04_zpsjwp98dvd.jpg

pipe_05_zpsyzb8zpif.jpg

I think the results speak for themselves and I heartily endorse this guy as a f*cking genius so give him all your meerschaum business since he is the best.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Excellent! Looks like he did a great job getting your pipes back into smoking condition. :puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've had the opportunity to inspect these pipes up close and personal-like and the work is indeed flawless. "Good Enough" obviously isn't good enough for Ric.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Condor, I think I commented on that second pipe when you purchased it. It is truly a glorious example of meerschaum pipe art! If you should ever decide to thin it, this side of the grave, give me a shout. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.