banner

Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
Well after humming and hawwing for a long time, I decided to get this old guy redone. I emailed Ric back and forth based on some reccomendations on here, and sent it off this morning. Godspeed little bulldog. I can't wait to see it when its all done.

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
Nice looking old pre-war Comoy's made pipe, we await the results. :)

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
Thanks guys, I couldn't seem to let go of it.
The pipe itself is all clogged and caked, and Ric has already said it needs a new stem. Should be good as new when it returns.

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
Other than the big tooth hole in it, it was a little chewed up. I think that is to be expected from a 70+ year old pipe. I'm just going by what Ric told me over email.
I've asked to have the original stem included when it gets sent back, but I doubt I'd be able to repair it.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
I've got 4 that Ric just sent back today. Looking forward to seeing the magic he performed. I will post photos when I get them back.

wbradk

Feb 2, 2012
I just got back the latest two pipes that I picked up on Ebay and sent to Ric at Briarville, which happily is only a few miles from me here in Florida, so I often stop by and chat with the folks instead of mailing the pipes. One pipe was in such bad shape that I could not even pull out the stem; about 75 years old and had really taken a beating. It came back not like new, but better than new, because the shine was just a bit better than one usually sees on new briars. It was just unbelievable how nice these were, not just the exterior, but the interior was just perfect on both. I cannot emphasize enough how strong my recommendation is for Briarville. They just do unbelievable work, and they are nice folks, as well.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Briarville is exceptional all the way around. I'm extremely pleased with the work they did on the 4 I sent them. I'm certain I'll send more in the future.

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
Sweet!! Ric has done numerous repairs for me and I've been impressed....top to bottom. I'm sending two more out shortly.