PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
If they had a shape like Savinelli's 904/9004 or GBDs 9613 I would have bought one a long time ago.
Maybe these?

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/products/pipes/brebbia/nemo/products/pipes/brebbia/nemo

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/products/pipes/brebbia/diseguale

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/products/404/line-3a-50308

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/component/virtuemart/products/pipes/brebbia/sun-6010?Itemid=1378
The last one (Sun 6010) is a real beauty with that stem.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
These are also somewhat similar shape:

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/products/pipes/mpb/mpb-vintage-amber-54

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/products/pipes/mpb/nova-132-walnut

https://www.brebbiapipe.it/en/products/pipes/mpb/mpb-sterling-6010-pure-natural
Of course, all of them are available in different colours.

Mar 1, 2014
Brebbia - Why Aren't They More Popular?
Shhhhh!
Because they’re still reasonably priced, thus, anyone who buys them regularly does NOT mention what a great value they are or else the brand will get popular and start charging more money.

They do a lot of big pipes and unusual shapes, the Brebbia Calabash is probably one of the most unique and highly regarded individual pipe designes on the market, generally a very good value.

But I didn’t say that and you shouldn’t go buy one, I still need to complete my collection.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I don't own a Brebbia. If it weren't for this forum and a couple of the usual web sale suspects, I would never have heard of them. Maybe a promotional issue? Marketing? I don't know these things ...
That said, they do make a nice looking pipe. I'm in PAD remission right now, so I haven't pulled the trigger, but there are a couple Brebbias at smokingpipes.com I've been checking out. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Brebbia thread is quite popular, so maybe Brebbia's day is coming.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
They seem to be the only tiny toothpaste tube of stem polish game in town so there's that.

I have nice big Brebbia lido root straight pot with silver repair band and new stem by Tim West. I used it for english blends as it has about a one inch diameter chamber and smoked wonderfuly. I switched to pretty much only 9mm pipes now so it's just patiently waiting till I'm ready to part w it. I like some of the less popular Italian brands. Lorenzos are awesome.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They seem to be the only tiny toothpaste tube of stem polish game in town so there's that.
Actual toothpaste works better. The Brebbia polish is too runny.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I agree Embers, however I have a fondness for miniature things so it holds a prestigious place in my collection of never used items..

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Same here, I esp enjoy the little tequila and whiskey bottles that look like their big siblings? And besides the little ketchups they have in hotels my favorite is the tiny tabasco sauce.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I used a tiny Bacardi bottle to dip my pipe cleaners in, I fill it from a big bottle of either Bacardi or Everclear.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I only have one Brebbia, a Pura 2 star that is one of their higher grade pipes. This particular pipe is quite quirky looking but is a fabulous smoker, and is one of my favorite pipes. I haven't had any experience with any of their other pipes, but I see no reason not to buy one if it appeals to you. Lots of folks think less of French pipes too, so they're not as popular as other pipes, but every one I've owned is a fine smoking pipe. So get you a Brebbia and smoke it in your Kia! :mrgreen:

fullsizeoutput_1ec3-600x424.jpg

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
@Orley, I have checked these on their webpage, they are indeed weird looking pipes! But their ninja, junior, fat bob, jumbo and sun series are very nice-looking pipes. I'm sure that soon I will give them a try. And I will change my Honda to a Kia, just to match with the pipe. :D

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
Only have a Brebbia pipe, but it is very well made.

This is a brand that dates back to before the 50s, created by Savinelli and his cousin at the start.
A good traditional brand with Italian heather, unpretentious but quality, like the French pipes of St.Claude.

Of course it seems less prestigious than some brands with strong advertising and related prices ... :laughat:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
eggroll', no party needed for me. I am in the distant back of the pack compared to jiminks, by thousands of posts. Watch him go! His post count reassures me that there is nothing unusual about my behavior on Forums. I've never done a post to up my count. I try to edit myself. Do I really have anything to say, any knowledge on this subject? Sometimes I restrain myself, and sometimes not, but I do ask. Speaking of Brebbia, I'm sorry I encountered the brand when they were "into" weird curves and bulges in the shanks, at least in the U.S. market. Also, they were ratcheting up the prices at the time, which didn't bode well with the unusual designs.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Generally, Brebbia designs don't appeal to me but years ago I picked up a black rusticated Brebbia calabash as I loved it's sinuous lines. It was and is a fine smoker which I still occasionally smoke.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My first Brebbia came with an Ehrlich, and the two cost me a whopping $3 on eBay. Pretty it isn't. But I cleaned it up and found that the draft was absolutely perfect for me once I disposed of the stinger. I can smoke just about any blend in it and get a great smoke. After a few years I decided to buy another. Same result. So I added another, and another. All smoke exceptionally well. None of them are lookers. They're something far, far better. They're great smokers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like most or all of the Brebbie on this thread, beautiful work. I just got to the brand at the wrong moment in its history. Like going to a good restaurant on a really bad night, when the real chef is out sick, and his nephew is standing in. Glad to know it's another fine Italian pipe.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I picked up a Brebbia pot a year or so ago & decided to look into them. I've gotten another 3 or so since then & really like them, especially a really light Lido Dublin with thinnish walls but that smokes incredibly well & cool. Of course I'm on my second Hyundai Sonata too (ran the first one into a ditch, yes, by accident) & really like it too, so go figure....
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.