PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucson

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2014
Is there a difference in length of time it takes to break in of pipes? Depending on quality? I have a 77 Wiley that is taking time to break in. I just received a better 88 Wikey pipe. This one smokes better than the 77 Wikey even though I have been smoking the 77 for a few weeks now. I am talking about how easy it takes to keep the tobacco smoking without effort.
Any thoughts? Doesn't this make sense?

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
Hrm... Not sure where to go with this. Some proclaim greater price as quality and eschew lesser as common and undesirable. Smoke what you like and don't take heed with those that say different.
If you are asking how long it takes to get your pipe to optimal taste, it's a few bowls.
-James
*edit: and welcome to the forums!

buffalopat

Lurker
Jul 15, 2014
Price doesn't always mean better quality. My $5 cob smokes better than some of my briars. I would have to agree with cosmicfolklore with this one. How you are smoking the pipe is probably the bigger influence on how well it is smoking, compared to the price difference between the two. That's what is great about all this, it take some time and practice to figure how a pipe likes to be smoked. It's part of the challenge.
Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.